Sign in to follow this  
Emile

First installation, some problem

Hello,

CSF3 original CDs installed with recommended patches. And seams running...only a few tests.

Received OFF PC DVD this morning and started installation , all seams OK. Have also installed the super and mini patch as recommended.

When I start the game after the presentation I select "quick combat" to see if it works , the game starts I understand "Contact Clear" and afterwards I see the attached screen , nothing moves .....

see attached picture (sorry for the quality)

The Task Manager XP SP3 show no activity and the OFFManager is not respondingpost-52396-1250256833_thumb.jpgpost-52396-1250256796_thumb.jpgpost-52396-1250256814_thumb.jpg

What did I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to OFF bud. I have had similar problems with games that were caused by graphics drivers. Are you running a recent version of driver and if so have you tried a rollback? I wonder if it could be a RAM or vid card memory problem too where it is crashing trying to load the graphics? I would also try very low resolution and graphics settings, if that works slowly tweak up until you hit the sweet spot.

Hope that helps a bit, let us know what happens.

The 'WW1 World Initializing' screen can be a while (particularly on an old computer)...how long did you wait?

I think the OFF Manager goes to 'sleep' when passing contol over to CSF3 for the flight, so often shows as 'not responding' even when all is working fine.

Emile - the first thing to go to is "Workshops" in the left low corner.

There go to "Graphics config", then to "File", then to "Change display options".

There you may find the lowest setting (800 x 600) or a higher one than your monitor can do.

Set the right resolution, click "OK" and leave by clicking "exit".

This will change itself again unfortunately, and you must remember to look into that every new start of OFF.

Please report if it worked.

Edited by Olham

Hello and thanks to assist me :clapping:

Fliegenhund : I run the XG 174.16 at 1152x864 (in the video card and in the game) . I "fly" FSX during hours without any problem with the same resolution on 3 monitors,

77scout : I only waited almost 5 minuts , I'll wait longer but I do not understand why there is NO activity visible in the Task manager (XP SP3),

Uncleal : Defrag was done after installation of the patches, HD still has 30 Gb free,

Olham : I have done this ,same option has CFS3

I'll report back

Thanks in advance

Emile:

What in God's name are you running for a Mobo, in the same breath you're running AGP 7800GS and PCI Fx6200

I'd suggest a little reading is in order, a good place to start might be, http://www.overflandersfields.com/sysreq.htm followed by

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm

Yes that would be conflict city inside that computer I would think.

Hi Emile,

What slider settings for scenery and terrain are you using in cfsconfig ? (graphics settings)

Hello guys,

I have tried again to start OFF and I waited 1 1/2 hour for this initialisation before stopping the applications . There are NO I/Os and CPU utilisation is almost zero. The system seams waiting for some action or access . Is there a log file somewhere to see was has been already done?

Yes I run 2 video cards and 3 monitors. this works perfectly with my dual Boot XP and Vista (FSX, CFS3 and OFF are on the XP system). CFS3 and FSX do work without problems on this PC.

Yes the main video card is a 7800 Nvidia and is more powerfull than the Nvidia Geforce 6600gt as found in minimum recommended. My CPU is 3 Ghz HT.

My setting are the default ones.

I will search more and it it does not work, uninstall OFF and reinstall again.

Thanks

Hello,

Created pilot without problem.

I found that the "quick scenarios" is running very well (made a few without problems ...except that I was capured due to landing on the wrong airfield :rofl:

The "quick combats" gives me the problem game stays in "wait"; no IOs, almost no CPU activity..

Now why?