Sign in to follow this  
Fliegenhund

German ace experts

I just started flying for Esc.26 in July 1917. I was flying my second mission and we had some Alb.DIII's circling high overhead. They had the lozenge pattern on the wings and the fuselage was natural wood or golden color. One of them had the letters "KF" in bright red on the side just rear of the cockpit. We never engaged as they flew away and I wish I had taken a screen shot.

Can any of our resident Ace experts/skinners ID who was stalking me? (thought it might be fun)

Could have been red "KP" - that's Konrad Poralla's DIII OAW, Jasta 32.

But that would have had a black tail?

I didn't check through the DVs; too much work. Next time just add the Jasta, please.

Could have been red "KP" - that's Konrad Poralla's DIII OAW, Jasta 32.

But that would have had a black tail?

I didn't check through the DVs; too much work. Next time just add the Jasta, please.

I agree... that's Konrad.

I didnt see the Jasta or any other info then the markings Olham, thats why the mystery intrigued me :) So I had a brush with another German ace and lived, phew!

You could switch Labels on for a sec.

I cant remember for sure all models, but im pretty sure i did DV skin for Poralla. It might be dv or dva if you sayd the fuselage was natural wood or yellowish.