Sign in to follow this  
herman01

Another selfless hero has fallen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...prss=rss_nation

Just like with Pat Tillman this man gave up much greener grass to serve and has unfortunatley fallen while doing so. I think Sgt. Bill Cahir's example speaks volumes of a persons indelible mark made by the strength of their character to have such gumption and selflessness to serve causes greater than themselves. Our Armed Services men and women make me very proud.

Edited by herman01

Good words Herman.

S!

any word about how he died?

<S>

Does it really matter?

I agree...

But this really burns me up...

Survivors include his wife of three years, René E. Browne of Alexandria, who is pregnant with twin girls ...

Why is our Armed Forces voluntary? Meanwhile, the scum of the earth is out there, on your streets, in the backs of your buildings, on your kids' playgrounds... hanging out with your kids... graduating HS, and sitting at home claiming they can't get a job and go on unemployment... getting arrested every other day, selling drugs.. etc.. etc.. etc.

Meanwhile, respectable guys like us in their late 30's and 40's (and older) with families, and responsiblities at home go over there and serve more than they were supposed to, at a cost higher than they expected. Yes, I understand it's 'part of the job', but really, a 40 year old soldier should be back home, teaching new 18 year old 'draftees' how to combat these a-holes all over the world.

Enough with the volunteer Armies... allowing the loosers to live and the good men to die. With all the over-crowding in prisons, and the obvious laziness of 90% of our American youth... maybe it's time for another kick in the pants?

OvS

I agree...

But this really burns me up...

Why is our Armed Forces voluntary? Meanwhile, the scum of the earth is out there, on your streets, in the backs of your buildings, on your kids' playgrounds... hanging out with your kids... graduating HS, and sitting at home claiming they can't get a job and go on unemployment... getting arrested every other day, selling drugs.. etc.. etc.. etc.

Meanwhile, respectable guys like us in their late 30's and 40's (and older) with families, and responsiblities at home go over there and serve more than they were supposed to, at a cost higher than they expected. Yes, I understand it's 'part of the job', but really, a 40 year old soldier should be back home, teaching new 18 year old 'draftees' how to combat these a-holes all over the world.

Enough with the volunteer Armies... allowing the loosers to live and the good men to die. With all the over-crowding in prisons, and the obvious laziness of 90% of our American youth... maybe it's time for another kick in the pants?

OvS

its voluntary because we are a FREE country.

it saddens me to see another man die over there, i have a funny feeling that this will become even worse than the cluster f**k we were in in southeast asia, since there seems to be no clear objective besides fighting terrorism, and if thats all its about, i guess we will be there forever.

theres got to be a better way, :dntknw: like tina turner said, "we dont need another hero"

its voluntary because we are a FREE country.

It all depends on what you call being 'free'... my Grandfather was inducted at age 32.. with two kids at home... and served 3 years in the Pacific as a Higgins Boat driver.

He was fighting for freedom as well. You're right... what the hell are we fighting over there. Might as well send a whole s-load of meat there and just occupy the entire region once and for all. Either that, or pull-out totally, face the loss, and let the place implode. They're never going to chance, the God of Change won't change them... they've been doing this for thousands of years... it will NEVER change. So the bodies we loose there, might very well be more useful here policing our own borders and infrastructure.

OvS