Sign in to follow this  
rookie

.CFS3 EXEs..

Why is this topic closed,i'd like to hear people's experiences about this?

I'm using one without any problems with OFF,i didn't compare stuff like AI/DM/FM though....interesting,i always copy the original .exe first for savety reasons,so you say if i copy it back there will be a difference,must try that for myself!

The Ubi version doesn't require a disc right,does that one work ok,and if so why not make that .exe available for everyone then?

Edited by rookie

Why is this topic closed,i'd like to hear people's experiences about this?

I'm using one without any problems with OFF,i didn't compare stuff like AI/DM/FM though....interesting,i always copy the original .exe first for savety reasons,so you say if i copy it back there will be a difference,must try that for myself!

The Ubi version doesn't require a disc right,does that one work ok,and if so why not make that .exe available for everyone then?

The reason this topic was closed is simple...

PIRACY IS THEFT

If you wish to play OFF, make sure it is a legitimate copy, as well as your copy of MS CFS3

You say that you play the sim a lot. Is it not worth it to purchase ANOTHER copy of M$ CFS3 if you have played OFF so much that you WORE OUT THE OLD ONE?

Broadside uda Barn says he saw them on sale for $10. I personally am hunting around for a dvd copy for future use (I won't use it straight away, as I guess you'll have to lose all your pilots).

But in the meantime...when I was getting ready for OFF, I searched through my old software, and found my copy of CFS3, only to be bitterly disappointed to see I only had disc 2 of 2 in there. :blink:

I immediately ordered ANOTHER copy from overseas, which made it MUCH MUCH more expensive (like $25AUS). A thorough search turned up the disc 1 of CFS3 in a "blank generic" type CD case.

So now I have two.

AND I'M STILL HUNTING AROUND FOR THE DVD VERSION.

Bite the bullet mate. BUY a copy. Buy two. They're cheap enough.

AND I'M STILL HUNTING AROUND FOR THE DVD VERSION.

Bite the bullet mate. BUY a copy. Buy two. They're cheap enough.

If you are looking in Sydney Dick Smith has plenty, in Miranda anyway (Ubi DVD Copies). I also saw a few in JB HiFi about a month ago. $19.95 in both cases. Dick Smith seems to be stocking a lot of the "Value" titles.

Also your local EB Games should be able to get them in, but do not very often see them in there. Dick Smith should also be able to transfer them if required.

Cheers MarkL

my legit copy runs all the other mods, but wont seem to run ANY version of OFF, and if you think im buyin ANOTHER copy, yer outta yer ever lovin mind, granted, OFF looks like a well made mod and id sure like to try it, but I just cant see paying twice for cfs3 And concerning the preaching about piracy and theft and whatnot, LET YE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Ill probly get smacked by Dave, but hey, thats how I feel. If I get banned, it was nice knowin you all.

If you are looking in Sydney Dick Smith has plenty, in Miranda anyway (Ubi DVD Copies). I also saw a few in JB HiFi about a month ago. $19.95 in both cases. Dick Smith seems to be stocking a lot of the "Value" titles.

Also your local EB Games should be able to get them in, but do not very often see them in there. Dick Smith should also be able to transfer them if required.

Cheers MarkL

Thanks for the heads up MarkL. I'll check out all those leads. I saw a copy on Amazon but wasn't sure if it was DVD, so this is timely.

my legit copy runs all the other mods, but wont seem to run ANY version of OFF, and if you think im buyin ANOTHER copy, yer outta yer ever lovin mind, granted, OFF looks like a well made mod and id sure like to try it, but I just cant see paying twice for cfs3 And concerning the preaching about piracy and theft and whatnot, LET YE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Ill probly get smacked by Dave, but hey, thats how I feel. If I get banned, it was nice knowin you all.

GWAR,

If your CFS3 will run the other mods, it will certainly run OFF. Just be sure that your CFS3 is patched to 3.1, fire up OFF, and let er rip. If you run into trouble, someone here will be able to sort you out (won't be me, I'm a luddite).

Cheers,

shredward