Sign in to follow this  
Condor44

Proper Way to Exit From a Campaign Mission

I think most may know this but I am posting for those who may not or are new and rely on the CSF3 game commands. CSF3 has an exit game command that is execute by pressing the control an Q keys together (CTRL+Q). You then get a dialog box that asks if you really want to exit the game. I have been using that since day one and have never had a successful flight recorded in the pilot's dossier or flight log nor have I seen claim forms. After considerable discussion in this forum and with Winder, thinking that there was a problem with the game or some obscure computer setting, we discovered that exiting s mission via CNTRL+Q was the problem. It takes you just not out of the mission but out of the game completely and no flight data is recorded. The correct way to exit a mission is to press the escape key and then click "end Flight" on the drop down menu that appears in the upper right hand corner. You then get a dialog box asking if you are sure you want to exit the mission. Answer yes and you will see the summary of the flight data, get your claim form if you shot anyone down, and the flight will be recorded in the pilit's dossier. This has been posted at the end of another long thread but I thought it might merit repetition for those who, like me, do what seems obvious from the CSF3 game command card. My apologies for boring the majority of you who were smarter than me and already knew this.

I finally have logged a successful mission and filed a claim. now let's see if it gets approved. This is a case where I'm happy to have the suspense killing me. :biggrin:

Think this needs to be a Sticky ... thanks for the post Condor44.

This seemed so normal to me, that I never would have recognised, what your problem was, Condor.

I hope, now you really get those claims forms, and maybe some confirmations?

I think, this sim will soon need a kind of handbook for all new ones - and if only as a PDF file.

Just for the record and not to let Condor go down as the only "dummy" in the group. I'm a DUMMY too!

5) IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST exit the sim by using "Esc" key then select "End Mission". If you do not, your mission will not be recorded!!

So do NOT use immediate exits.

For example using keys (even when binding these to joystick buttons) such as :

Alt+F4

Ctrl+Q

Ctrl+Shift+Q

will cause CFS3 engine to quit immediately with NO mission recorded!

So Hit Esc then Press the End Flight button on the ribbon top right.

Hey guys good sticky but the above info in this post is copied directly from the OFF website FAQs page. I have printed for myself a hard copy of much of the OFF information and placed it in a 3 ring binder for ease of access. You can organize the info by topic. I find for my old eyes and ways that as good as the computer is for information my comprehension fares better from reading hard copy and perhaps more than once. I share this as perhaps it might be a good idea for some of you other frequent fliers. It can be a bit of grade school fun too in designing/decorating your binder. Pol and the OBD team have amassed so much information for us reguarding OFF BH&H that perhaps they even lose track of the bits and bobs. Of course the OFF Tips and Cheats are a prime canidate for this treatment as well. Just a thought. I have shared this in the past but we have new members that might find this useful. Have you ever read some really great info and later lost track of the thread it was in?

post-45792-1250424255_thumb.jpg

post-45792-1250424266_thumb.jpg

post-45792-1250424283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rickitycrate

I was using alt q while doing some tweaking with my settings in order to not have the time logged or the missions count since I was aborting early if the setting proved detrimental. However, the manager still processed my one claim, so while time didn't advance in game, the claims board still did.

Is this current for WOFF? I cannot exit a mission. I tried ESCAPE then ENTER, but I have read that after pressing ESCAPE, a drop down menu is expected, from which you make a selection to finish the mission. This isn't working in my sim. I am running the vanilla DVD version (I haven't downloaded any patches yet, I wanted to get the sim up and running first).

Can anyone help me? Sure, CTRL+Q may exit the mission AND the game, but does it actually save the results, such as adding flying time to Pilot's Log Book, and recording any "victories" etc?

Check Six , try Shift+Ctrl+Q - quick exit then you can check results and go to claim screen. That's what I do anyway.

There is a PDF document on the OFF website with all key commands.

Normal procedure to exit a campaign mission is Ctrl-Q, and you get a message asking you to press "enter" to confirm. This will take you to the result screen of your mission.

Escape and "exit mission" was the procedure for OFF, many things have changed !  Worth taking the time to read all documents available on the website.

Edited by corsaire31