Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Heaven - I'm in Heaven (and Hell)

Today, I downloaded and installed TrackIR 5, and it's really going smooth!

Also I installed the "HPWFP Damage Model Variety Pack", using the "JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler".

All went really easy, and I started my second mission with MFJ 1.

My god, this was just phantastic!

It is difficult to make out so quickly, what all changed, but there must be a change in AI behaviour.

They fought better and fiercer, I found. The new Flak assigned to me there was an enemy flight,

and when I climbed into the sun to reach flight 1, they where already tangling.

My, what a fight - I wish I had it on film! But here are some pics instead.

Thanks once again to the Dev Team - what a great sim you have created!

And thanks to Her Prop-Wasche and Fortiesboy for their alternative damage model, which is great

visual fun (well, not for them Pups from RNAS-9!).

Hasse Wind, that was a first revenge for your long-time pilot's captivity!

Can't wait 'till tomorrow!

PS: the skin is another new test version for MFJ 1.

Good for you my friend! Yes it's never been better. Wonderful set of pics you posted. Today I flew a Scenario for the fatherland. Fokker DVII's patrol the front. We encountered Spad XIII's and had a wonderfully fun furball. I poured lead into one spad and his engine caught fire then his left upper wing flew off and then I saw the pilot jump out. I nearly made mincemeat. I watched the plane trailing a beautiful smoke plume as it fell earthward. I never had a pilot bail out before this. I need to get the Vector expansion yet for my TIR3 pro. Oh and skin is Fantastich!

Hi Olham: So the TrackIR 5 software is noticeably better? Curious what you think about version 5 vs version 4. I had though I would just stay with version 4 (not broken, don't fix) but maybe I need to reconsider. Has the new version reduced the 'blue triangles' on rapid head movement at all? Thanks for any info.

Olham, do you get any sleep? Thanks for the compliments about the DM. I have worked very hard on it and am pleased that you are enjoying it. Of course, wouldn't be possible without the already outstanding BHaH and the superlative superpatch--minus the DM, of course!

(Actually, the stock DM is just as good as Fortiesboy's and my mod. Just a little difference in design philosophy really! I encourage everyone to try them both out to see which they prefer).

Today, I downloaded and installed TrackIR 5, and it's really going smooth!

Hi Olham,

So you are saying you think TIR5 software works better with TIR4 hardware? I wouldn't have thought that to be true. The only thing available when I got rid of my TIR4 was early versions of the 5.0 beta and it was really bad with TIR4. With all the resolution translation that has to happen for TIR4 I would certainly have thought those with TIR4 should stick with the 4.0 software. Perhaps I was wrong about that.

Nice to hear it's working well for you!

Those NP guys are something else! :good:

I too have a TIR4 working with TIR5 software. It works quiet well in all the games I've tried so far.

But be careful I think you'll have to create your personal profiles (if that's the case) again. AFAIK, TIR4 software profiles are not compatible with TIR5 software.

Edited by Von Paulus

Nice skin Olham, and keep up the good work of shooting the backstabbers down! :good:

I'm now flying my first D.VII career ever, and just like Duce Lewis mentioned in some thread, it may be I never want to fly anything else anymore! That Fokker is brilliant in every way. But it's ugly compared to the beautiful Albs... ugly - but deadly.

About the TrackIR 5 install:

I tried to adjust things now in the great setup screen with headmoves etc., and realised,

that all text and numbers in the windows where unreadable - no type, but rather mad stripes.

Does anyone know, if I should have to deinstall TrackIR 4 first?

In the sim, the general moves are smoother, but I think, when slight stutters appeared, they

where worse than with the 4. So give me some more testing time.

Hasse Wind - it's a pity you haven't tried the wonderful Albatros DIII now anymore.

I have so far avoided to fly the DVII, cause that's really something else, and I don't want to

get spoiled for the older crates. Same for the Dr.1 - it's just incredible. I will fly those crates,

when I have flown all Albs enough.

I just installed the TrackIR 5 upgrade over my existing TrackIR 4 hardware and software. I think it works much more smoothly for me, tracks better, has fewer skips and lockups in head motion (which I had been having previously).

I haven't done any tweaking on the new TIR 5 program, just the plain default settings.

And I didn't have to set up any new personal profiles.

I installed over TIR 4 without deleting and had no conflicts. A new TIR 5 icon came up on my desktop, I clicked it, and off I went! Have had no slowdowns or graphical glitches, as described by Olham.

So fair, I'd highly recommend it!

Hemo

Hasse Wind - it's a pity you haven't tried the wonderful Albatros DIII now anymore.

I have so far avoided to fly the DVII, cause that's really something else, and I don't want to

get spoiled for the older crates. Same for the Dr.1 - it's just incredible. I will fly those crates,

when I have flown all Albs enough.

Oh, I've had many careers with the D.III and like it a lot - in fact I still have one active D.III pilot in Jasta 36 during the Bloody April, I just haven't used him for a while now but plan to do so after I've flown the D.VII enough.

The Dr.1 I tried in one campaign and found her quite challenging to fly well, or rather to shoot well; she's unbalanced, but because of that turns like a devil. But the D.VII is something completely different - easy to fly, fast, very nimble for a late war fighter and quite tough. Unfortunately I have serious doubts about surviving long in those late 1918 careers, there's just so much action everywhere that it's hard not to become entangled in disadvantageous combat situations.

I've been wary of updating my TrackIR to the latest version, because it's probably optimized for the new TrackIR 5 which I have no intention of getting as long as my TrackIR 4 works well.

Jasta 36 - another one I haven't flown in yet. Where are they? What are their colours?

Jasta 36 - another one I haven't flown in yet. Where are they? What are their colours?

In the spring of 1917 they are in Le Chatelet, Marne. They have a very distinct and beautiful blue colour as their Jasta emblem - maybe you've seen those blue fighters somewhere over the front in one of your careers?