Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Planes

:good:

Hope U guys like these a P 26 , a F4B4 ,and a orginal Hanorit brought over at the request of Charles Nungesser The French Ace for his Film called skyraiders 1925. Rumors had it that this was an aircraft he had flown in the war and wanted to fly it in the hollywood movie.

We had a Hanriot HD-1 in Phase 1, but the cockpit was rather poorly appointed, I prefered it's manuverability over the Nieuport 17, which was it's main advasary as far as getting war contracts. Alas.... it failed to make the cut, for Phase II

Your making me drool over the HD-1 yummy airplane and small. Next time, Will try and get a custodian ( they wear white gloves) to photograph the cockpit. The machine guns on Nungesser s plane are two wooden ones painted black for the film everything else is as it was in those days. Carrick58

I didn't know there were any original Hanriots left; where did you guys photograph these?

I always thought Willy Coppen's HD-1 was one of the best paint schemes of WW1. Really great pictures of an underrated Allied plane. I hope it shows up again...

Love those P26's

US had some snazzy paint scemes in the interwar years

Betcha they were a ball to fly too!

No metal monoplane ever constructed is as attractive as the P26. It has all the classic elements of the "streamline" school of industrial design of the '30s, right down to the bright, colorful "dart" paint scheme. The Army Air Corps of that era used a "blue and yellow" scheme, but the fliers and squadrons really made it stand out with true 1930s style. In FS9 I have a P26 with that paint scheme above and I love it. The "streamline" design ethic of that era was really unique and even applied to objects that didn't travel at all. Of course it added greatly to aerodynamics of aircraft and cars, where much of it started.

PIC007.gif

How about a P-26 inspired bathroom scale? Now you can weigh yourself in comfort and sleek speed at home...

http://www.lepoix.de/html/reference/stream...esign_index.htm

Edited by SirMike1983

Love those P26's

US had some snazzy paint scemes in the interwar years

Betcha they were a ball to fly too!

Not to mention the works of art they came up with in WW2!

(shame the British Air Ministry were so stuffy!...makes for rather dull skinning!!)

No metal monoplane ever constructed is as attractive as the P26. I

erm...Spitfire?...far nicer looking IMHO

Better functionally, but not as attractive in appearance. I would put the early Spitfires in the top 3, but the P26 has that "art deco streamliner" type look between the slick curves and the wild paint. The Spitfire is a better combat plane of course though.

Spitfire is my all-time favorite plane, for all eras. However, if art deco styling is the criteria my vote for the best would be the Northrop Gamma.

That is one sweet looking streamliner.

Cheers!

Lou

Spitfire is my all-time favorite plane, for all eras. However, if art deco styling is the criteria my vote for the best would be the Northrop Gamma.

That is one sweet looking streamliner.

Cheers!

Lou

I agree the 30s Art Deco look still floors me and the paint schemes were wild. The Hd-1 Hanorit that French Ace Charles Nungesser Flew in the Film Skyraiders is located at Planes of Fame, in California. Its a no touchie roped off,but pics are ok As for OFF would luv to see the Hd-1, Fokker D-II and D-III s along with the early French 2 seaters as A I aircraft or flyable.

I agree the 30s Art Deco look still floors me and the paint schemes were wild. The Hd-1 Hanorit that French Ace Charles Nungesser Flew in the Film Skyraiders is located at Planes of Fame, in California. Its a no touchie roped off,but pics are ok As for OFF would luv to see the Hd-1, Fokker D-II and D-III s along with the early French 2 seaters as A I aircraft or flyable.

Curtiss Goshawk biplane?

Nice little airplane, and smooth lines on it.

:ok: U know I dont know. F4b4 ? Whatever it is, They fly it in the month may. It screams but doesnt seem to go faster dowhill then uphill. Maybe the two wings ? Just a question. Anyone ever hear of an F-8 made in the 1920s or 1930s ? They said that the P-26 is being returned to flyable status and has had test flights. Susposed to have replicas of a sopwith Pup and a Fokker DR-1 coming in for the Airshow next May.

Yes carrick58, that is an F4b4. And back to your original post, I was going to mention that the HD-1 is another one of my favorite aircraft, and like uncleal I too prefer it to the N17. As to Willy Coppens and his various versions of the Hanriot, I think his all-blue one is the nicest looking of the lot that he flew.

Cheers!

Lou

As I recall, the Hanriot was more directly in competition with the Spad VII, the N.17 being a somewhat older plane already by the time the Hanriots were made available in any number. I would prefer the Hanriot to the Spad VII, myself. If I recall it dated to the summer of 1916, by which point the N.17 was already in service. But head to head with the Spad VII would be an interesting comparison. I'd love to see an improved version in OFF some day.

Edited by SirMike1983

Guest British_eh
We had a Hanriot HD-1 in Phase 1, but the cockpit was rather poorly appointed, I prefered it's manuverability over the Nieuport 17, which was it's main advasary as far as getting war contracts. Alas.... it failed to make the cut, for Phase II

I believe that STUMPJUMPER has made a Hanriot. Check the Downloads section.

Cheers,

British_eh

I believe that STUMPJUMPER has made a Hanriot. Check the Downloads section.

Cheers,

British_eh

wh yyes i have thing is it is a filed model form the itlain squadrigallia 81st so there are a few weird things about it plus some fun itmes as well ie rockets and coppers lol

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8730

Edited by stumpjumper

Yep nice thing made by SJ this a great, thanks SJ. I just did a QC mission last weekend, my Hanriot against the Gotha's, these big plane were flying like a jetplane. I hope somebody could put them in a campaign !!!!!!

BTW: SJ could not determine you on youtube which LED coat had you on!!! :rofl:    

Edited by Dutch_P47M

Yes carrick58, that is an F4b4. And back to your original post, I was going to mention that the HD-1 is another one of my favorite aircraft, and like uncleal I too prefer it to the N17. As to Willy Coppens and his various versions of the Hanriot, I think his all-blue one is the nicest looking of the lot that he flew.

Cheers!

Lou

lou do you have some nice shot of his differnt skins woudl lve to rehas the old hd1 and add some new paint to it

Yep, have to agree on that point

Spitfire (Mk IX) is my all time fav too

But the P26 was a different era

They're both top notch in their class

stumpjumper wrote:

lou do you have some nice shot of his differnt skins woudl lve to rehas the old hd1 and add some new paint to it

I am not at home right now, but here are a few links to some good sources for images and info on Willy's different HD-1 mounts.

Wing Palettes - Hanriot HD-1 Belgium

Bob Laskodi's HD-1 Coppens Model

Hanriot HD-1 in Foreign Service

The Aerodrome posting on Willy's all-blue HD-1

Also, here is what is supposed to be a layout of Willy's HD-1 #23 in March of 1918:

Tops of the wings and elevator surface are the same blue as the fuselage, with the standard BAS roundels, similar to this:

I will do some looking when I get home tonight too stumpjumper.

Cheers!

Lou

Here are two of the most elegant interwar fighters IMHO. Sorry I couldn't find a color photo of the Fury :sad:

And back on topic I sure wish we had Hanriots in BHaH, maybe in a plane pack down the line :yes:

Edited by godzilla1985

For those curious:

There is a great P26 for FS9. It's fun to fly and slick looking too.

Plane:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/down...php?FileID=8502

2d Panel:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/down...amp;FileID=8425

There is also a "Planes of Fame" skin-- a duplicate of the paint scheme in this thread. It should be over at Sim-Outhouse if you search for it.

Guest British_eh

Yep nice thing made by SJ this a great, thanks SJ. I just did a QC mission last weekend, my Hanriot against the Gotha's, these big plane were flying like a jetplane. I hope somebody could put them in a campaign !!!!!!

Well, perhaps I could put them in a Mission? Gotha vs. Hanriot?

Regards,

British_eh