Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

user lists for weapons?

well todays question is about what the title implies. i have read that you can enter certain specs into the ini's to keep certain weapons out but those mostly appear to be "no bigger than." problem is that allows EF-4C to carry AGM-78(they were never wired for them) and the F-106 gunpod. I Started changing over the F-106 on my install last night and and it seems to be able to carry Sidewinders and has the SUU-23 instead of the F-106 gunpod! i mention all this to ask this: would it be possible to set up a userlist ini for the weapons similar to the nation list used for the planes? would likely spell out different aircraft instead of countries and i would be willing to get crackin on this if it is actually possible.

Unfortunetly no, I actually wanted to make a set for every aircraft and limit the weapons with "SpecificStationCode" entry.

For example I would take MiG-21tank,R-13,R-3R,R-60 s few bombs MiG-21_ReconPod and give all those weapons "SpecificStationCode=MiG-21", then I would put the same entry on every weapons station and voila...

That is possible , but I would have to copy every single of those weapons for every such edit(skins,LOD's everything) and that would make a huge weapons folder so I gave up..

What would be cool is if we could have multiple entries for every weapon in DATA.ini file, it would be the return of WeapondataXXX entry lol but it would make creation of super-accurate weapon sets much easier to do...

Edited by Brain32

1 way - for example

Use the weps editor - and give the gun pod a name in its "Station Code" field like F106GUN.

Then in the F-106A_Data.ini:

[GunPodStation]

ModelNodeName=GunPod

PylonMass=55

PylonDragArea=0.02

SpecificStationCode=F106GUN <<-----------------------------

i appreciate the replies. am trying the gunpod bit for the 106. as for the folders i can see what you mean brian32. and i thought it was large now! thanks guys

Also, realize that computer generated single missions will have this problem. Campaigns can help with that by limiting what weapons a squadron get supplied with. In addition, use the loadout.ini to help limit weapons. Finally, don't just use loadlimits, use diameter and length limits as well. I'm always a big fan of limits to avoid weirdness when I can. However, realize that this is still a computer program, and as such will still have limits as to what you can do (or can't do as the case may be).

Other solutions such as country specific weapons or station codes for everything have resulted in massively, never ending weapondata.inis, usually not worth the trouble to write.

FC

And not to forget this line, added to any specific station in the aircraft's data ini, to prevent loading:

NotAllowedWeapon=

and just fill in the blank.

works a charm, without some of the oddness the StationSpecific code yeilds.

wrench

kevin stein

And not to forget this line, added to any specific station in the aircraft's data ini, to prevent loading:

NotAllowedWeapon=

and just fill in the blank.

works a charm, without some of the oddness the StationSpecific code yeilds.

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench you just made my day...never knew about that one :good:

I used it EXTENSIVELY on the Yak-25 Flashlight -- to keep anything but Alakalis from loading.

The only major drawback, is you MUST list every possible weapons combination (missiles, most likely) of what's not allowed

ie:

[LeftWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.18,2.55,-0.6

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=300

AllowedWeaponClass=SAHM,IRM

NotAllowedWeapon=RS-2U

NotAllowedWeapon=RS-2US

NotAllowedWeapon=R-3S

AttachmentType=SOVIET

ModelNodeName=LPylon02

PylonMass=30

PylonDragArea=0.03

Havn't tested this in SF2 NextGens yet, but it should work the same

wrench

kevin stein

do you fill in weapons classes or specific weapons on that line entry? if its specific weapons then hot damn. i tried migbusters weapon editor and ini trick no dice. depending on answer will try this in the morning

Looks like specific weapons to me. So you could have a long list if you have fairly liberal limits on that weapon station. However, if you've already tightened it down, the list should be short.

FC

Yeah, each not allowed weapon has to be named. Name, obviously, must match the name as used in the loadout ini.

and don't forget the adjust the max load weight to just over the one you want; this too helps in preventing the unwanted ones to load

wrench

kevin stein

Actually Wrench, you may have solved a problem that was bugging me on the F-15SE...hmmmm...

FC