Sign in to follow this  
Hellman

Haven't Received OFF yet!

After reading the glowing reviews for OFF I took advantage of the summer special and I am anxiously waiting for my copy. It's been 7 days and I haven't received my DVD yet. I have no USPS number to track this order! USPS and CPS share tracking #'s I thought this would be a good place to ask. I live In Toronto and I have never had to wait this long for any kind of internet purchase. I gave my residential address but haven't received a notification of any kind (should have used the office ;P)

Not sure where to go or who to ask as I contacted Avangate (they say they only handle the money transaction) and to contact support @ OFF. Their website tracking says its been delivered, but clearly it has not and they have directed me to OFF for "product delivery" support but I can't find an email for that either. I made this purchase this through Pay Pal so I'm not too worried about the money. Just wondering when I'll be able to fly....

Can anybody help? Don't want to post my reference number or Product reference number here until I know what my next step is.

LOL.... Just opened my mail and the Bill is here for this purchase.

Edited by Hellman

Hellman, as per http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQAvangate.htm Avangate ARE responsible for the delivery. They keep saying they are not, but they are supplying the DVD not us. This is probably because they supply a digital download for their other customers but we are DVD only, which kind of upset the apple cart ;)

However they will not do anything until you allow the full amount of time as per the BUY page and FAQ due to local postal systems.

As per the FAQ

" DELIVERY TIME?

Estimated arrival time is between 4 to 7 business days however please allow up to 10 business days before contacting Avangate."

If you have not received it by then email support (See FAQ) with your order number and name and we'll request they look at it.

After reading the glowing reviews for OFF I took advantage of the summer special and I am anxiously waiting for my copy. It's been 7 days and I haven't received my DVD yet.

It usually takes around 10-14 days, I think. Back on the old forum, when OFF 1st came out, there was a big thread of folks saying how long it took, and I think that was the average.

IIRC, OBD doesn't ship the package itself but notifies some 3rd party outfit to put your game in the mail. Sometimes they don't seem to act as quickly on that as customers would like, but they do seem always to get around to it eventually. So just hang in their a bit longer.

BTW, welcome aboard! New guy buys the drinks :drinks_drunk:

It usually takes around 10-14 days, I think. Back on the old forum, when OFF 1st came out, there was a big thread of folks saying how long it took, and I think that was the average.

IIRC, OBD doesn't ship the package itself but notifies some 3rd party outfit to put your game in the mail. Sometimes they don't seem to act as quickly on that as customers would like, but they do seem always to get around to it eventually. So just hang in their a bit longer.

BTW, welcome aboard! New guy buys the drinks :drinks_drunk:

I read in some thread or review here some chap across the pond received his in 3 days.

Thanx for the replies Gents! It helps put me @ ease... I guess I'm a little impatient as I have already received my VISA statement and following this forum as well as reading and watching a few docs/films on WW1 aviation while flying TK's FE... I really admire the courage those early pioneers must have had... 11 days average lifespan as a pilot... some crazy s**t.

I really enjoyed Aces High with Alex Delarge (Malcolm McDowell) and the doc Four Years of Thunder... some of the most stunning and authentic footage ever assembled on this subject.

Do Pay Pal do e-beers? :good:

I look forward to flying OFF once I get it. Can't wait to do some custom PJ's too

My copy of OFF arrived in Australia 6 days (not working days) after ordering.

IIRC, OBD doesn't ship the package itself but notifies some 3rd party outfit to put your game in the mail.

Just to clarify we, OBD, have nothing to do with shipping what so ever. We do not notify anyone, Avangate do all that.

Hellman, as you have already paid it, and I consider it to arrive within the next days,

I would like to add you to the OFF Pilots map. Would you PM me your hometown and

country/state for that? Thanks!

My copy arrived in Portugal 8 days after placing the order.

If we discount the time it might have been in the customs office, I'd say it was quite quick.

Welcome. :good:

Just placed my order minutes ago. I wonder why you cant buy this on Amazon? I ordered CFS on Amazon and was hoping I could get this too. Oh well.

Just placed my order minutes ago. I wonder why you cant buy this on Amazon? I ordered CFS on Amazon and was hoping I could get this too. Oh well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no official distributor for OFF.

Yup! A distributor would probably sack half the money.

Hellman and outfctrl, you can abridge the terrible waiting by checking the "Tips and Cheats" sticky,

and the FAQ at www.overflandersfield.com

Hellman; I'm in the same boat.

I placed my order Aug. 10, my pdf receipt on their website is dated Aug. 12.

I wasn't expecting it to be delivered to Victoria BC by now, but I hope it's here by next Monday, because Tuesday I'm away on holiday's.

Good Luck

Fawlty

Chin up Chaps!...It's well worth the wait!

Hellman, as you have already paid it, and I consider it to arrive within the next days,

I would like to add you to the OFF Pilots map. Would you PM me your hometown and

What is the OFF Pilot's Map? Is it viewable?

Hellman and outfctrl, you can abridge the terrible waiting by checking the "Tips and Cheats" sticky,

It would seem that by being on Amazon, sales would go up. I mean, look at the exposure the game would get.

What is the OFF Pilot's Map? Is it viewable?

Just look in the Sticky threads at the top of the page.

Hellman; I'm in the same boat.

I placed my order Aug. 10, my pdf receipt on their website is dated Aug. 12.

I wasn't expecting it to be delivered to Victoria BC by now, but I hope it's here by next Monday, because Tuesday I'm away on holiday's.

Good Luck

Fawlty

A fellow Canuck! Heya Fawlty,

Another day and no DVD :dntknw:

Yeah, I placed my order on Aug. 9 and my pdf receipt from them is dated Aug. 10. Usually my orders from the US take 7 days max. I guess I'll wait patiently and hope it gets here before my holiday as well and before my VISA payment is due. next week.

Cheers!

Heya Olham,

I've have already done all my homework regarding OFF and have even DL'd the necessary patches. I have even started a new custom S.E.5a PJ.

I'm flying some FE to keep me busy in the meantime.

I know its a huge DVD.... 15gb uncompressed, if I'm not mistaken but a "Downloadable Option" would have been great.

Just checked out the pilots map and noticed some fellow Torontonians! and a few southern Ontario chaps.

Hi Hellman

My wait in Toronto was around 2 weeks plus-minus couple of days - unbearably long, but like the guys above said well worth it.

cheers

You should be so lucky! The postal service is so unreliable here that Amazon in the US refuse to send books at all. I took a chance with OFF and it duly arrived after about 3 weeks. The unreliability is caused by theft at the post offices. I don't get V & A articles by post, but I was lucky with OFF. I often get stuff posted to a UK address and get friends who travel a lot to bring the stuff in. This avoids paying customs duties as well in most cases.

Sorry, 'V & A' is an RAF term for 'valuable and attractive'. Lots of stuff is valuable, like a radar scanner, but nobody would steal one of those. But they WILL steal the cockpit watch which is why pilots of crashed aircraft made sure they took the watch with them if they were lucky enough to survive.

I live in southern California which I hear is where OFF is shipped from. It still took over 2 weeks for mine to arrive from date of order.

Hey guy's just a quick update, OFF arrived today.

Ten days from California to Victoria BC Can. not bad

Shouldn't be to much longer Hellman

Cheers

Fawlty

Hey guy's just a quick update, OFF arrived today.

Ten days from California to Victoria BC Can. not bad

Shouldn't be to much longer Hellman

Cheers

Fawlty

It arrived today! :biggrin:

Just installed it and now configuring it.

Does anybody have an x52 .pro profile they would like to share?