this clip is awesome, f18 crash on deck

http://www.rob.com/matt/videos/F%20A%20-%2...t%20Carrier.wmv

navy heli crash

http://www.rob.com/matt/videos/Aviation%20...vy)%20Crash.mpg

civi crashes a planes wings fold at a usa airshow ,sadly the pilot dies

http://www.rob.com/matt/videos/Plane%20los...es%20to%20t.mpg

my new helicopter look at me total it :D

http://www.rob.com/matt/videos/HughesCrashed.wmv

hand held javalin anti tank weapon, NOTE the explosion just like lockon.

http://www.rob.com/matt/videos/JavelinLiveFireVsT72.mpg

enjoy all

Edited by ARCHER

That navy helicopter crash is mislabeled as Chinook. It should be Sea Knight. Similar but different aircraft. That DHC-6 Twin Otter is such a sturdy aircraft, hard to see it's wings peel off like that. I was surprised to hear the "Knock it off" call take so long to be made. Very interesting footage.

guess with the twin otter clip ,pilot was pushing the aircraft to hard, result to much

g load on the wings, notice the wings break at same areas, must be a weak point

in the design ,

Guest MrMudd
That navy helicopter crash is mislabeled as Chinook.  It should be Sea Knight.  Similar but different aircraft.  That DHC-6 Twin Otter is such a sturdy aircraft, hard to see it's wings peel off like that.  I was surprised to hear the "Knock it off" call take so long to be made.  Very interesting footage.

Any Flight member in view of a "Knock it off" situation can make the call. the second call is from another member in their flight replying the other "knock it off calls" this is a requirement so that both parties are aware they are communicating the event. this is very important. You dont want to punch out earlier and not get the word out of what happaned. You may find your self alone over the water for a few days until those members in the flight track you down. or.....they could continue their activities into unsafe situations leading them to the same disaster or potential disaster.

Several factors happen when your in an event like this. The pilot involved made all the correct calls.

Although you notice he didnt say anything. I guarantee even though he was in shock he was also by "muscle memory" going through emergency action procedures to evaluate his situation. Am i flying, etc etc etc.

Knock it off instruction to stop all aggressive manuevering and notify why the safety call.

Mayday responsibility over the radio to inform all agencies listening.

Instructing his Backseater to get out. this is very important. the Driver is PIC and as such is responsible for his aricraft and anyone in it. his responsebility is to ensure that he does not commit any more collateral and loss of life damage, as well as and if possible assit the other parties involved.

The last call of course is the "mark" he can do this if able in his systems to mark his coordinates where it happaned before punching out as well as any other member in the flight.

this data is needed for many reasons in both investigation and liability.

I didn't mean to sound critical. I'm sure there were a million thing moving at light speed though their heads at that moment. I just thought that even with a close call/near miss, anyone can call 'Konck it off" to gather themselves, evaluate the situation and go over things before continuing with the exercise. Keeping this in mind, I was just thinking that he should have made that call right away, then begin eveluating his circumstances electronically, and visually. Make his next decission and call out his "mayday" or whatever was in order.

It sounded as if they were getting out (safely, I hope) and the only losses were the aircraft. I have never been in a mid-air, but I have been on the mike for more than a dozen emergencies. My intent was not to be critical (the board would do all of that, that was deemed appropriate). Just making an observation was all.

Do you ever get out this way? KCOS (Peterson AFB)? Maybe if you have an RON or something I could buy you a cold one.

What about that F18 footage makes you think that was a crash? lol

not sure what you mean seawolf you saying the aircraft is sturdy?, yes

i agree on that , still a crash landing right rear gear busts off and some other parts,

he nearly nails some of the flight crew on deck and just misses some parked aircraft,

very lucky pilot indeed.

may have been a mock up model ? those t72 are a lot tougher than you

imagine,

found another story this happened in july off 2002.

Eighty-five people were killed when a fighter jet crashed into the crowd at the air show in the city of Lviv on July 27.

The Su-27 twin seater was flying at low altitude when it clipped the ground and ploughed into the spectators, killing 85 and injuring another 151.

"The pilots failed to follow the flight plan and performed four difficult manoeuvres that they had not done before," the plane's two pilots were among the best in the country, including a top pilot in a special air force unit - the Ukrainian Falcons - who had performed in several international shows.

post-6-1075781728_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARCHER

2 ace pilots have there wings clipped, and made to pick up soap from the shower

floor

i'm sure in that jav test the tank was full of C4

Noooo! Not a bit of C4 in there. Trust me, it would be a much different picture

if that tank was full of it!

...These 2 clips (Hornet and the Eagles) scared the heck out of me!

That is a HUGE plane. Kinda amazing that its a fighter, since its bigger than the trasnport in the foreground. WOW.

Camera angle. It is a big aircraft, but the transport isn't. It's not in the same size catagory as a C-130, more like a DHC-6 Twin Otter.

not sure what you mean seawolf you saying the aircraft is sturdy?, yes

i agree on that , still a crash landing right rear gear busts off and some other parts,

he nearly nails some of the flight crew on deck and just misses some  parked aircraft,

very lucky pilot indeed.

Archer, it was a Joke bud. Has to do with Naval aviators not landing but making controlled crashes on the flight deck. Was being sarcastic in saying that was a good landing. I guess I'm the only one who got it.LOL

...is another day you can fly again.

Cost of a F/A-18C? 22 million delivered 17 weeks from order.

Cost of a pilot lost in action? 5 million delivered 3 years from recruit.

I never cared much for price comparrisons between human lives and planes etc..

If you took that a little step further they would enable the planes to jettison the pilot and land on auto if he as much as sneezes ;)

oops..

but if (when) they are to remove the pilts from the planes i do prefer them to do it before takeoff

Thanks for the clips ARCHER!! Looks like that top f-15 was in A stall and could'nt get altitude . The F-18 pilot lands like me! how do you put them clips on this site, I got some SU-27 and SU-33 clips that will blow some minds.The US. needs them F-22 yesterday!

Edited by sambo