Sign in to follow this  
Wilches

OpenCockpit=True question

Folks, I'm trying to remove the Ki-43 canopy's frames to replace the Ki-84's office by using the OpenCockpit=TRUE technics, but when removing the framing (named Box05) the whole cockpit disapear! Is there any tip to do it? Thanks!!

sorry but what means open cockpit? is this the way to open the canopy of each airplane? We gotta just write TRUE???? I don't understand :dntknw:

Avenger Angel

sorry but what means open cockpit? is this the way to open the canopy of each airplane? We gotta just write TRUE???? I don't understand :dntknw:

Avenger Angel

No.

its when you want use some other plane cockpit in external Model Frame.(check for FC's T-38 and F-5 series)

example: so insted of using an A-4B cockpit with frame in MiG-15 , you can use the A-4B cockpit in MiG-15 frame

Folks, I'm trying to remove the Ki-43 canopy's frames to replace the Ki-84's office by using the OpenCockpit=TRUE technics, but when removing the framing (named Box05) the whole cockpit disapear! Is there any tip to do it? Thanks!!

how much you move? i don't have the Ki but i think you probably moved too much,try to put some more decimals.

You have to remember when you move something in the cockpit, everything in the hierachy underneath that mesh will be moved too...

For instance, if you have:

- Cockpit

-- Bow

--- Panel

If you move Cockpit down, Bow and Panel will move too.

Now what you can do is move Cockpit down, then move Bow up the cooresponding distance, and so what you'll see is:

-- Bow

--- Panel

That's all there is to it.

You also have to remember, there may be nothing you can do if the part you want to move is the same mesh as the part you want to keep.

FC

Also, remember that it ONLY works in 08 patch levels and above (ie: SF2 and WoI)

Doing this on 06 levels will majorly screw things up

To answer the question "What is OpenCockpit=TRUE", is code imported from First Eagles for (obviously for the open cockpit biplanes of the era)

It allow you to 'see' the inside of the aircraft mesh (which is hopefully mapped and skinned to something), expecially good for aircraft with a 'buried' cockpit (ala XF-103) where there is no windscreen. Or for bombers where you want the external models canopy framing to replace that of a cockpit model's.

wrench

kevin stein