Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

SF2V (merged install) Changing the dates?

I've got SF2/SF2V/SF2E all nicely merged but I can't get to fly anything before 1964 and after 1983. Can the dates be changed and how? Thanks!

Spinners re check your options.ini. Mine is unmodded and I can fly anything that the aircrafts year covers. My thinking is that yours might be modded, maybe brought over from one of your older installs?

Hi Spinners,

Do you have this problem with all terrains? Because the Vietnam terrain seems to have some date limitations. At the end of the VIETNAMSEA.INI file (it's in the VietnamSEA.CAT file) you should find :

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=8/2/1964

EndDate=4/30/1975

For some reasons, it only shows in the vietnam terrain and I'm not sure what it does (I don't fly much over vietnam). Besides, that does not explain why you can fly between 75 and 83.

Franck

This is a bit OT, but still related, I think...

I followed the instructions in the KB to create a second .exe and mod folder for one SF2V install (copy the .exe and rename it, then run it once). I copied an un-merged SF2V install. When I run the regular Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam .exe, I get vietnam mission dates (1964-1975) with the vietnam main screen.

However, when I run the renamed copy of the .exe (renamed to "V20"), I get the SF2 mainscreen and the available single mission dates are whatever the chosen aircraft is available for. So I can go from 1950 up into the mid 80's. Some of those same aircraft would be limited to 1964-1975 if it was I was running the SF2V .exe.

What I'm thinking is that by renaming the .exe to something other than "Strike Fighters 2 XXXX", I've sort of confused the game. As a result, it defaults to the SF2 mainscreen and unlimited single mission years.

:dntknw:

Great info there Guys and especially froggy. I've extracted the VietnamSEA ini and deleted;

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=8/2/1964

EndDate=4/30/1975

Created a VietnamSEA folder with just that modified ini inside it and also created a new Terrains folder (adding IsraelME as well!) and it works great.

Proof of the pudding...

USAFF-117A01.jpg

Malibu, when you run the renamed copy of your EXE, if it doesn't find an INI file with the same name, I think it reads the "StrikeFighters2.ini". Try and copy your "StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.ini" and rename it to "V20.ini". Your new "V20.exe" should then behave like your original one.

Franck