Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

I'm a huge fan of TK's sims, I especially like the Vietnam-era aircraft. I already own WoV, and don't run Vista, so my question is, what's new in SF2:V, and is it worth the purchase? I see the shiny new cockpits, they look really nice, and the A-7D (but they took away my A-6?!). Besides that, is anything else new? Are flight models any different? Or is Vista compatibility the only real addition?

Hi all,

I'm a huge fan of TK's sims, I especially like the Vietnam-era aircraft. I already own WoV, and don't run Vista, so my question is, what's new in SF2:V, and is it worth the purchase? I see the shiny new cockpits, they look really nice, and the A-7D (but they took away my A-6?!). Besides that, is anything else new? Are flight models any different? Or is Vista compatibility the only real addition?

Should be pretty much it. But the latest patch of SF2:V fixed the Noi Bai Airbase bug in the campaigns. Latest patch of WOV does not. Don't think Wings Over series will be patched anymore. And you can activate the A-6 by downloading a cockpit. It's easier to mod SF2 series because you don't need to extract the core .cat files.

Hi all,

1) You extract the A-6 'pit and all its necessary files, and with a little editing, you'll have a flyable A-6 in SF2V

2) It's easily more future proof than WoV.

3) The avionics and cockpits alone are worth the price of admission. The flight models are essentially the same that were intro'd in the September '08 patch. Some additional eye-candy was also added to the mix (afterburner effects, material shaders, etc).

Plus a stock A-1 Skyraider :biggrin: and various versions of the stock aircrafts....