Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Conservatives the New Liberals?

You might as well just lock the thread now :hi:

Slightly off-topic:

I once heard an interesting point made, during a debate. And that was, that JFK's fiscal and foreign policy, would be considered 'conservative', by today's standards.

Point 1: During the late 1940s, and into the Eisenhower Administration, any income over $100,000 was taxed at what today, would be considered a confiscatory rate, over 70%. JFK lowered that rate, and in fact, lowered all income tax rates, across the board (though the actual cuts were signed into law by LBJ, in 1964).

Point 2: Kennedy was quite hawkish in his foreign policy. He was all for the overthrow of Castro (I'm sure you've all heard the stories), and was considered a staunch anti-communist, as was his brother, Robert.

I thought liberals were the other white meat?

I thought liberals were the other white meat?

I thought that was Canadians...

I always laugh at the things TDS manages to dig up. The way these so-called "news" (and I use that term more loosely than anything could be) commentators outright contradict themselves depending on whether they're talking about someone on "their side" or the "other side" is amazing. The double standard is alive and well on the 24 hr "news" stations. They have no one else taking them to task for changing their stripes, unfortunately.

I thought that was Canadians...

No, they have their own bacon and geese.

I thought eels were the other white meat

what's the bag limit?

:hunter: