Sign in to follow this  
PureBlue

Populating the stock Airbases

Pureblue, are you still working on this great mod?

Pureblue, if you still have the original light model, you could try adding a "light" onto it via self illuminated material applied onto an additional mesh. (I think this is the way to do it... but can't get it working with my own model :/)

Should have an effect like DO's CVN-75 lights

Edited by jtin

Guest Eject

weird, in my sistem the FPS is ok, but the loading time is increased . :blink:

In my case, when my "enhanced" AGM-65K and the AMAZING R-13R (Search my previous post on "Not Unpleasant Surprise" re my "tweaking" them that they posses -- someone here was wondering if they have Nuc effect) hit ONE ground object, be it an Air-Def AAA or US Radars, the whole ground objects within, say, 600 feet radius would all explode! Yet, not the ammo bunkers. There was a base in, oh I forgot where, Germany perhaps nearby which were MANY oil refining depot (with more than 10 very big oil tanks). When they all at once exploded I could see the towering inferno, and that really affected my fps. But less than a half minute.

As said previously, those "enhance" weps the AGM-65K and the R-13R (formerly just so- s0 IRM turned AHM), will more appropriately fit in "What If" Thread. Yet, nobody is interested....

U might wanna call me of having done a cheat. Be my guest. But, to me, I was being creative.........BTW, I do not share with others anywhere those "tweked" weaps, let alone playing with it On-line. If I should go On-Line with them, then I would be cheting. No wy!:grin:

Thanks PNT.

Ok, just made a test package. So we can check performance, layout design, parked aircraft, new objects, etc.

LinkToTestPackage (Rapidshare)

Here's the readme:

THIS IS A TEST PACKAGE, TAKE CAUTION PLEASE
-------------------------------------------

Here is what we have so far, 2 different layouts with Ramps, and a modified Ahlhorn Airbase from Gepard.
Thanks to all contributors, lots of nice models are being built, let's see how we can improve... 

--Aug 30, pureblue

Instructions:
-------------

1-) This is to be used with Stock SF2E. Optionally BACKUP your GermanyCE terrain folder because this will overwrite your _types.ini and _targets.ini files. 
You can be using WOEx4Seasons or Brain's or any other tileset. The mod only changes the target area contents for a few airbases.

2-) Copy the ZIP contents to your Mod folder. 

To Uninstall:
-------------
1-) Delete the Campaigns\CAMPAIGNE4 folder
2-) Delete and Restore your Backed Up GermanyCE folder ;)

Notes:
------

** A test campaign "621026 Red Thunder(TEST)" is included for experimenting with different airfields. Details below. Choose the corresponding squadron to test.

** Objects included so far: (Hoping not to forget anybody)

Amokfloo, ControlTower, ForkLift, FireExtinguisher, ShelterZu
Ravenclaw, Fire Trucks
Pureblue, FloodLight, SmallGenerator, ConcreteBlock, SunShelter
Comrpnt, QRA and Lights
Gepard, Ahlhorn Airfield with modified Parked Aircraft, QRA
Polak, tools

621026 Red Thunder(TEST) Details 
-------------------------------------------

USAF 7TFS, F-105D, Spangdahlem: German_Airbase4_Ramp1.ini
RAF No.17, Canberra 
USAF Bomber Group 1, B-52G

USAF 8TFS, F-105D, Bückeburg: German_Airbase2_Ramp1.ini
RAF No.16, Canberra
USAF Bomber Group 2, B-52G

USAF 9TFS, F-105D, Ahlhorn: Gepard's Airbase_Ahlhorn.ini (modified, QRA, Parked Aircraft, Amokfloo ControlTower)
RAF 4RAF, Hunter

USAF 10TFS, F-100D, Laarbruch: German_Airbase1_Ramp1.ini (with comrpnt QRA/Lights)
RAF No.3, Canberra

The link is not working. I want to try it too. But, I'm too late.

Edited by mavericks

Guys, I know PureBlue will be back...but like a lot of us, we're kind of burnt out right now on the modding...it is December and near the end of the year when things tend to slow down and we actually get to look back at what we accomplished. Anyway, last update is that he's focusing on networking certifications to enhance his professional career and like so many of us, "real-life stuff is getting in the way" . If he doesn't respond here, I would be happy to reach out to him and I can host the files on my FTP site if he's agreeable with that. Thanks.

Guys, I know PureBlue will be back...but like a lot of us, we're kind of burnt out right now on the modding...it is December and near the end of the year when things tend to slow down and we actually get to look back at what we accomplished. Anyway, last update is that he's focusing on networking certifications to enhance his professional career and like so many of us, "real-life stuff is getting in the way" ™. If he doesn't respond here, I would be happy to reach out to him and I can host the files on my FTP site if he's agreeable with that. Thanks.

Yes. I'm understand. Thank you.:ok:

UPDATED DEFAULT SF2 DESERT TERRAIN Ver. 1.2

SF2 has always been my favourite of all the platforms; and after downloading and using the various terrain mods for SF2E and SF2V with hungry anticipation I decided to HEAVILY modify the stock Desert terrain with more than enough of eye candy.

• Like 1

That's for SF2.

For SF2V : http://combatace.com/files/file/11660-piecemeals-airfield-mod-for-starys-green-hell-3 (require Stary's "Green Hell 3")

For SF2E : http://combatace.com/files/file/11637-piecemeals-airfield-mod-add-on-for-the-sf2e-four-seasons-terrain (require Stary's "HR SF2E GermanyCE") Or this : http://combatace.com/files/file/11862-anatoliaproject-version17z

For SF2I : Not yet (I think)dntknw.gif

As Mr Wrench said: read the "readme"

Sorry for my poor english....Salute.gif

Edited by Agaphe