Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

New NVidia Drivers 190.62

They updated the latest Nvidia drivers from 190.38 to 190.62, citing some bug fixes, a few optimizations and a new version of the PhysX software. I just installed them. I'll let you know if I encounter an my random screen resolution resets or other issues.

Hellshade

So far so good. Still maintaining excellent frame rates 49 - 60. No white triangles, even when turning fast in TrackIR. Trees don't "shimmey" in the distance and best of all, my screen resolution seems to be holding steady finally. If you like what you've got, then no need to hurry to 190.62 but from what I can tell the first night, works good in Over Flanders Fields and Oblivion.

Hellshade

Well, I did a lot of computer "cleaning" yesterday, which included dumping out older seldom used programs and reloading some others. I also, uninstalled CFS3 and OFF and reloaded everything from scratch.

I also dumped the older Nvidia drivers and installed the new one, 190.62

Two improvements - OFF runs better now in Campaign mode. I was already getting good fps in QC mode, but Campaign was extremely low, 10-20, making it hard to play. Now, it is almost as high as QC.

The new Nvidia drivers finally allowed me to have access to the Nvidia Control Panel. Prior to that, I was unable to get the Panel to appear. I had the Panel icon available, but it would never load. Countless attempts at loading and reloading the older drivers failed to produce any success, so I had very limited ability to change any of the settings.

These new drivers finally gave me access to the Control Panel. Now, if I could only figure out what all those settings do.......:lol2:

They are pretty nice drivers, but I had kind of a major problem. After I installed them, everything worked fine in OFF, but... I lost the perfect graphics selection in IL2. I only fly it occasionally, but when I do I like to fly the Pacific side and I lost the shore line water. So, I rolled back to the 180.48 drivers and the water was restored. I will push them up again 'till I find the drivers that cause the failure.

Beard

So far so good. Still maintaining excellent frame rates 49 - 60. No white triangles, even when turning fast in TrackIR. Trees don't "shimmey" in the distance and best of all, my screen resolution seems to be holding steady finally. If you like what you've got, then no need to hurry to 190.62 but from what I can tell the first night, works good in Over Flanders Fields and Oblivion.

Hellshade

I'm going to try it. Did you uninstall your older Nvidia drivers and Forceware, reboot with regular, low vga settings, then install the new version, reboot and set your resolution, etc. back up ?

They are pretty nice drivers, but I had kind of a major problem. After I installed them, everything worked fine in OFF, but... I lost the perfect graphics selection in IL2. I only fly it occasionally, but when I do I like to fly the Pacific side and I lost the shore line water. So, I rolled back to the 180.48 drivers and the water was restored. I will push them up again 'till I find the drivers that cause the failure.

Beard

Somethings up BB, I just went in and flew a QM and my setting didn't change at all. I still have perfect gfx with water at 4.

Cheers

Fawlty

Edited by Fawlty56

No white triangles, even when turning fast in TrackIR.

Hellshade

Very interested to know what system you have (CPU and vid-card) that will enable no white triangles. My E8400 with 8800GTX doesn't cut it in that department. Or is it the new drivers that make it so?

I think the white triangles have something to do with trackIR moving/turning too fast.

Since there's no real documentation or instructions for it, it's hard to adjust things to gauge if that's true or not.

I'd like to hear more about users playing OFF with these drivers before upgrading to them.

Somethings up BB, I just went in and flew a QM and my setting didn't change at all. I still have perfect gfx with water at 4.

Cheers

Fawlty

Fawlty, what card are you using? I have a 8800 GT 512.

Beard

Just to report chaps that I've installed 190.62 and OFF is running absolutely fine (whereas the previous 190.38 didn't). I uninstalled the existing drivers and cleaned up with Drivesweeper before installing 190.62; I also did a defrag of the hard drive at the same time, just to tidy up the mass of crap on it. OFF runs very nice and smooth (fps 40-60), looks lovely, and no shimmering things.

.62 up and running.. all good. In fact, it looks better to me, much smoother and a little faster. I guess these updates really do things now and then. :grin:

OvS

Cheers

Fawlty

Fawlty, what card are you using? I have a 8800 GT 512.

Beard

Sorry about the late reply BB, I was off on holidays

I'm running a nvidia 275

I have reinstalled the drivers and had the game initially not load the flight and go back to the campaign page. Anyhoo, I didn't panic this time and changed the graphic setting in config until I finally got it to work, since then I have carefully upped the anti to having the card running on max setting in the Nvidia Control panel (manage 3d settings) 16x, supersampling, 16xQ etc.... I have also gone back to Rabu's settings and all is working quite well.

Beard

Rabu/Hellshade:

can you post your nvidia control panel settings?

are you getting any shimmering/swimming on the horizon and on the ground?

I'm seeing lots of shimmering/swimming on the ground and in the distance. Cant get rid of it, and have tried multiple configurations. Just thought I'd try your settings before reverting to my previous drivers.

Thanks!

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

Not happy with the new Driver. Better FPS, but the plane action is jerky, and lining up a machine gun blast at an enemy is a new challenge. Also the Terrain has a silver glow, to it. All in all, not happy, so removed it and went bakc to 180.50, which was smooth, and only dropped a few FPS than the new one.

Cheers,

British_eh