Sign in to follow this  
Broadside uda Barn

promotions

I've got a pilot with 47 confirmed kills, 5 medals, who enlisted as a seargent, and STILL is a seargent.

Wierd. You'd think that I'd be promoted with having flown so many missions and with so many victories.

....?

He must be sleeping with the CO's wife......

BuB, you get many medals for many kills, but get promoted for following your mission orders exactly.

I am a pilot, who can't let an enemy craft pass, when I'm supposed to do a ground attack.

So, I get Iron Crosses amass (no, not really - Lol!) but have only got promoted twice since February.

And if you follow those orders and accomplish your missions, you will get promoted and fast. Too fast in fact, in my opinion. At least that's how it is in my OFF...

I had a pilot went from Sgt. to Major in less than a month with one kill, no medals and 30 hours. I don't think this is very realistic at all, especially as the Major was normally in charge of an RFC squadron and often did not fly much, or at all.

And (I think) that the German aces never made it past Hauptmann, even if they were leading 3 staffeln. Promotion in the French services was even slower, many pilots never gaining a commission.

Maybe the devs thought: with a life expectancy of 17 hours, promotions better be fast?

hmmm. mission completions makes sense. I've flown close to 50, and I'm sure I've accomplished at least 25% of them...heh!

OK, I'll knuckle down and make sure I finish some missions. Kind of embarrasing to be a seargeant, and be closing on the highest kill count of the war (dunno if I can make it, I'm at the end of January 1918 and having to be VERY carefull as the Germans are in HUGE numbers now in my sector).

Sgt. BuB, as dangerous to his mates as he is to the Germans! His 47 kills (so far), is almost matched by his 12 bar fights, 4 reprimands for verbal abuse of a superior officer (The CO is a bit of a wanker!), 6 reprimands for being late to roll call, and 8 or 9 arrests for being drunk and disorderly! Of course, this tally does not include any of his infamous pranks, for which he is also well-known for. The fact that he has not been busted to private must be on account of the number of his kills (and also perhaps the rumored photos he has of the CO in bed with the regimental commander's mistress)!

Sgt. BuB, as dangerous to his mates as he is to the Germans! His 47 kills (so far), is almost matched by his 12 bar fights, 4 reprimands for verbal abuse of a superior officer (The CO is a bit of a wanker!), 6 reprimands for being late to roll call, and 8 or 9 arrests for being drunk and disorderly! Of course, this tally does not include any of his infamous pranks, for which he is also well-known for. The fact that he has not been busted to private must be on account of the number of his kills (and also perhaps the rumored photos he has of the CO in bed with the regimental commander's mistress)!

lol!

Well, 60 confirmed kills and I finally got promoted to 2nd lt.

I rarely circle the airfield, but started doing it, then I got promoted...is that part of the mission parameters?

Don't know how you guys all get so many confirmations.

Some pen pusher in HQ must really hate me - I have 7 confirmed from 33 claims so far!

Anyone else ever had such a difference?