Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

SPAD VII & XII Cockpit.INI reposition

I LOVE flying the early SPADs, thank you modders and skinners. Their hey-day was an interesting period of the war where you still see early obsolete AC like the DH2, Fokker EIII, and EIV Eindecker, but the latest Albatros fighters were also present. I've had some amazing 'single missions' where nearly a half-dozen different randomly generated aircraft were in the skies at once.

This very minor mod to the cockpit.ini of all the SPAD VII's (150 and 180) as well as SPAD XII, repositions the cockpit model itself (from 3rdWire SPAD XIII) for best aesthetic result to reduce poke-thru of the aircraft mesh.

I'm sure I could have fussed around some more, but there will always be a very slight poke thru and size misalignment though, so don't expect miracles. This makes a nice difference if you've got TrackIR.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=S13_cpit.LOD

HideExternalNodeName=cockpit

OpenCockpit=TRUE

ExternalClipDistMin=0.01

// left-right, +forward-back, +Up-Down

Position=0.00,-0.77,0.583

Offset=0.00,0.00,-0.05

//Stock FM

//Position=0.00,-0.745,0.589

//Offset=0.00,0.050,-0.038

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

Edit: Sorry, should have posted before and after screenies, but it really does make a difference.

Edited by B Bandy RFC

I LOVE flying the early SPADs, thank you modders and skinners. Their hey-day was an interesting period of the war where you still see early obsolete AC like the DH2, Fokker EIII, and EIV Eindecker, but the latest Albatros fighters were also present. I've had some amazing 'single missions' where nearly a half-dozen different randomly generated aircraft were in the skies at once.

This very minor mod to the cockpit.ini of all the SPAD VII's (150 and 180) as well as SPAD XII, repositions the cockpit model itself (from 3rdWire SPAD XIII) for best aesthetic result to reduce poke-thru of the aircraft mesh.

I'm sure I could have fussed around some more, but there will always be a very slight poke thru and size misalignment though, so don't expect miracles. This makes a nice difference if you've got TrackIR.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=S13_cpit.LOD

OpenCockpit=TRUE

ExternalClipDistMin=0.01

Offset=0.00,0.00,-0.05

//Stock FM

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

Edit: Sorry, should have posted before and after screenies, but it really does make a difference.

Hi mate,

should this:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=S13_cpit.LOD

OpenCockpit=TRUE

ExternalClipDistMin=0.01

Offset=0.00,0.00,-0.05

//Stock FM

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

copied like it is to the cockpit ini? With all //?:dntknw:

Best regards :salute:

Edited by A6Intruder

"//" Tells the .ini not to use the following information. It is a way to make notes to yourself or preserve the original information if you want to ge back to it.

"//" Tells the .ini not to use the following information. It is a way to make notes to yourself or preserve the original information if you want to ge back to it.

Thanks!:idea:

Best regards

Edited by A6Intruder

What he said... thanks! :good:

Edited by B Bandy RFC