Sign in to follow this  
tone12

trackIR question

prob a silly question but how do i enable trackIR in OFF? i dont see any obvious options for it in the workshop.

It's been a very long while since I purchased TIR but I don't think you have to do anything

There is nothing in Workshops for TIR

Just select the default cfs3 profile in the TIR software and use that

You'll no doubt want to modify it to your tastes, just save it as a different name

HTH,

EDIT: And btw, welcome to OFF!

Edited by Duce Lewis

You can choose any profile - just stick the TIR in, start it, and it will take over.

Edited by Olham

Hi tone 12, welcome to our little group. Since you've enlisted to fly why not send Olham your whereabouts and be included on the OFF map? I do hope you are getting on well with OFF. We on the forum will help as best we can to answer your ?'s

Well, there IS something you need to do to enable TIR in OFF...

You need to add a keystroke assignment to "Virtual Cockpit". Get a pilot enlisted, then go to Quick Combat and wait until your aircraft is sitting on the field. Then hit "escape" and a drop down menu will appear. Select "Controls" and another menu appears. Scroll down the key assignments for everything until you reach "virtual cockpit" and you will see that it has no key assignment. Select an unused key ("V" works good for me), then click on "Add assignment" and a box will appear and ask you to type in what key(s) you wish to use for this command. Type in "V", then "save as.." You MUST save it as "Mine" (I forget the file extension).

Another good tip is if you then profile your joystick and use one of the buttons or hat switches to select "virtual cockpit", add "F12" (Centre TrackIR) command, so that when you enter virtual cockpit and therefore enable TrackIR, it is centred, ready to pull the trigger and make your enemy meet his maker.

You may want to make an OFF profile in TrackIR to make it more sensitive to your rapidly twisting head movements (therefore more aggressive) if you've been using it for any other game/sim.

yeah im havin a blast with OFF, its simply amazing. i actually bought OFF back in jan when it came out. however, i recently upgraded my pc with a new video and sound card along with a 24 inch wide screen monitor and trackIRgrin.gif been messin about with quick combats and WOW, im blown away by it, what a difference trackIR makes!

and whats this bout a OFF map then?

ps,

what do u guy set regional air activity at?

Edited by tone12

yeah im havin a blast with OFF, its simply amazing. i actually bought OFF back in jan when it came out. however, i recently upgraded my pc with a new video and sound card along with a 24 inch wide screen monitor and trackIRgrin.gif been messin about with quick combats and WOW, im blown away by it, what a difference trackIR makes!

and whats this bout a OFF map then?

ps,

what do u guy set regional air activity at?

The map in question was started by one of our members here who thought it would be nice for us all to see where everyone lives. Just send Olham a private message and let him know your home town, and he will include you in the map.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/44370-off-pilots-map/

Some set it at Heavy...cos that's the way they roll. Others try to get it historically correct, so that if you should be heavily outnumbered during Bloody April, that's the way they set it. Others prefer to set it at light until they are more confident or more skilled etc. Really, your choice mate.

so i assume it simply increases or decreases the order of battle on both sides then? also about visible damage, i seem to remember readin somewhere that high res aircraft skins now included visible damage, have i got that wrong?

i wouldve searched the forum but forum search doesnt seem to be workin.

Hi,

maybe I'm just stupid, but I cannot get my TrackIR 4 to work with OFF - the virtual cockpit is active, the TrackIR software running, but it doesn't detect cfs3, and the blue LED doesn't light up (and my head movements are ignored). In WoE it works flawless... :blink:

Hi, Shaolin!

Did you press F4 ? That will switch you through the views; one of them will be your TrackIR view.

Do NOT remove the cockpit (F3) - although; well, it may still work, but feels strange without an aircraft around you.

Edited by Olham

PS: first check with the TrackIR menue, if the TrackIR does react on your movements.

Also, if it shows four red spots in the TIR cam, which shows that it's active.

PS: first check with the TrackIR menue, if the TrackIR does react on your movements.

Also, if it shows four red spots in the TIR cam, which shows that it's active.

Believe me, I know a lot about 3D tracking...

(TrackIR only works with just three "reflectors" because you have the knowlege wich solutions you can reject)

Hi, Shaolin!

Did you press F4 ? That will switch you through the views; one of them will be your TrackIR view.

Do NOT remove the cockpit (F3) - although; well, it may still work, but feels strange without an aircraft around you.

I have tried every available view - without success!

The strange thing is - when the software recognizes a game in its list running the lower LED gets blue - but with OFF it doesn't...

With the original CFS3 it is the same, in ThirdWire simulation I have no problems at all (the LED gets blue, the software recognizes the game, the head tracking works)! :this:

Okay, Shaolin, maybe you have the same problem as I have:

I start the TrackIR, but it does not react. Then I close it, and start it again - this time it will always work.

It shows the red dots and the blue light. Try that - I don't know why - but it works for me.

I finally got it to work! :drinks:

For all the Win7 users out there who encounter the same problem: start the TrackIR software in the admin mode!

Wonderful! Now the sky "Over Flanders Fields" is open for you.

What aircraft are you going to fly, and in which squadron/Jasta /Escadrille?

My first pilot flies the E.III with KEK Douai - so far one sortie ending with a crash on starting and three weeks in the hospital... (I still don't know why I suddenly lost control - just throttled back a little bit to stay behind my leader and the plane simply fell out of the sky with absolutely no response to any control input :this:)

Could you have been rammed by another craft?

The E.III is probably one of the most challenging fighters to begin with - it is difficult to fight in such underpowered craft;

you need to know very weel, how to use and regain energy. I would never recommend to any newbies, to start in such

early craft. The Halberstadt is the first really good to fly German fighter; the Albatros D.I - D.II is wonderfull with it's stability

and immense firepower. Think about it, when the E.III starts to annoy you.