Sign in to follow this  
feldwebel

How to navigate steerpoints using Simplified Radar

First of all, I know the game is a much better experience using realistic avionics/radar, I know. I personally like the simplified radar. So, here is my question. While navigating I look at my steerpoint screen and see some info that really does nothing for me. However, when I press the Stpt button on the aircraft, I get a cool looking screen that--I think--tells me how long it will take me to get to the stpt and what altitude I need to be. Is this screen correct? Should I use this screen to navigate waypoints correctly? If so, what is the purpose of the screen that shows up BEFORE you press the stpt key? Here is an image to show you the screen I am talking about:

post-30369-12512543420442_thumb.png

Thats called the DED. It contains alot of handy and useful info when you learn how to navigate it. Things you'll find there are fuel left/range/fuel consumption/altittude/LGB lazer frequency(although not modelled in AF)/steerpoint information/mission timings/wind information and much much more. The mode you've entered now shows you the basic Stpt details for a quick reference.

Eg;

TOS is the game world/clock time that you should be at the steerpoint by

ETA is obvious

Speed is obvious

Altittude is obvious

'Assemble' is your action at the steerpoint

Have a look at the manual to see how to navigate the DED, you'll be surprised how useful it is.

Preach

Edited by Preacher

Thats called the DED. It contains alot of handy and useful info when you learn how to navigate it. Things you'll find there are fuel left/range/fuel consumption/altittude/LGB lazer frequency(although not modelled in AF)/steerpoint information/mission timings/wind information and much much more. The mode you've entered now shows you the basic Stpt details for a quick reference.

Eg;

TOS is the game world/clock time that you should be at the steerpoint by

ETA is obvious

Speed is obvious

Altittude is obvious

'Assemble' is your action at the steerpoint

Have a look at the manual to see how to navigate the DED, you'll be surprised how useful it is.

Preach

Thank you:) I'm not really interested in the wind speed and all that other info. I'm just trying to get to the right place at the right time. Does this basic info, pictured in my DED, contain all the bare essentials?

Thank you:) I'm not really interested in the wind speed and all that other info. I'm just trying to get to the right place at the right time. Does this basic info, pictured in my DED, contain all the bare essentials?

Depends on what information you're looking for and under what circumstances. You should not rely on one system alone, instead use all the systems available to provide you with the most comprehensive and up-to-date information. There is a swtich on the right side of the cockpit to display the DED info on the HUD if it makes it easier for you.

Preach