Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

BSG on DVD/BD

Anyone else here got the BSG DVD or BD set? I already had the entire series up through 4.0 on DVD, so I skipped buying the Bluray set. If I'd known that was coming out someday, I would've waited, but them's the breaks. I just bought 4.5 on DVD as well, didn't see the point in having the whole show on DVD except the last half of the final season.

So I've been watching all those ending eps again, now of course knowing where it will all end up so picking up on things I missed the first time around. I've only got a couple of episodes to go and then I'll be on the finale...what mixed emotions I have about THAT one.

LOL, these things tend to get more discussion in the Pub then down here, actually. However, I will admit there's not much traffic about this stuff there overall either.

Apparently no one but you has any taste around here.

Naaah,

Got them DVD all! Except from The Plan, I was told that it was quite... bad, except from the awesome new Attack of the Colonies scenes.

I must say that after the big FAIL that was Caprica, I'm eager to see the newest spin off: "Blood & Chrome" set in the first cylon war.

Naaah,

Got them DVD all! Except from The Plan, I was told that it was quite... bad, except from the awesome new Attack of the Colonies scenes.

I must say that after the big FAIL that was Caprica, I'm eager to see the newest spin off: "Blood & Chrome" set in the first cylon war.

I nearly threw up in my mouth watching THE PLAN.

Very excited about the new spin off. I thought CAPRICA, though a ratings failure, really hit its stride in the final handful of episode, and had a very satisfying ending.

LOL, these things tend to get more discussion in the Pub then down here, actually. However, I will admit there's not much traffic about this stuff there overall either.

Time to change that! Let's discuss. :)

I nearly threw up in my mouth watching THE PLAN.

Very excited about the new spin off. I thought CAPRICA, though a ratings failure, really hit its stride in the final handful of episode, and had a very satisfying ending.

Well, I have been told the plan's scenes worth watching are the Fall of the Colonies ones, with the views of other colonies.

Regarding Caprica... It's a shame it started so slow and was so hoity-toity in the first half of the show and only really started in the last four-five episodes. Indeed, the ending was quite good, especially the stadium part. But I'm still highly disappointed in that show. Won't buy the DVD.

Well, I have been told the plan's scenes worth watching are the Fall of the Colonies ones, with the views of other colonies.

Regarding Caprica... It's a shame it started so slow and was so hoity-toity in the first half of the show and only really started in the last four-five episodes. Indeed, the ending was quite good, especially the stadium part. But I'm still highly disappointed in that show. Won't buy the DVD.

My favorite parts of THE PLAN were Anders' moments. There was also a well performed added cylon retcon but it was mixed into this other ridiculous storyline of the "plan" so it wasn't satisfying overall.

I just think THE PLAN, from both concept to execution, is a demonstration of why I feel BSG and LOST ended the right way. When you explain too much, or sometimes anything, you are more likely to disappoint the audience. And I think I was more disappointed by them explaining things than I have ever been in NOT having something explained.

Granted, the way CAPRICA ended may be the new perfect way to end a series. Show what happened down the line and then leave it up to the audience to decide what may have happened after that.

Did you see Caprica's finale on DVD? I saw it live, but I know someone who got it on DVD and watched it before the airing. On the air, the final shot just said something like "Caprica" with that shot of the planet from space.

On the DVD, it said something like "Caprica - coming in season 2". I guess the other words were wiped off before it aired, but that was no more than a teaser for season 2. I guess that was back when they hoped the decision to cancel or renew wouldn't be made until after it aired, but SFC's lame decision to push the 2nd half so far back that the actors' contracts were going to expire before it aired screwed that up.

As for The Plan, yeah, I was a bit let down by that. Razor certainly took the award for best 2 hr movie they did, although the miniseries was better.

I didn't see the DVD of CAPRICA.

RAZOR was good but was made much better by that great moment with the "Cylon God" since it set up what was coming. We talked about that moment for a good year. So, if you are going to do a season buffer movie, then leave the audience wondering what something means for the whole of the series. THE PLAN, unfortunately, tried to answer things instead of trying to just add more to the grander mythology.

The miniseries worked so well because it ended with devastation and hope. You couldn't wait to see what happened next.