Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

More Red Airplane Troubles...

Hey MJ, lately I've been having some trouble with the forums. For exapmle, when I go into a forum, read all the messages, and then go back to the main listing, I still see a red plane. No matter how many times I refresh, it keeps doing it. Then, when I check back on later in the day, message that I have already read and havn't gotten new posts are indicated as having not been read. This has only started in the past two weeks or so. Good luck with it :D

hmm, seem to be having this same problem again... maybe you haven't had the time to fix it with the move, but I hope you can.

Gee, I've got more posts in this forum than anyone else :unsure: maybe I should stop complaining :D

Try wiping your site cookies, there's a link at the bottom of the frontpage that will do it. Then log back in and see what happens.

I think it's probably the move causing it, as I'm getting the same thing here.

Do you click on the View new Messages link on the top menu when you read your new messages? I always click on that link, then mark all messages read once I'm done. I guess I just need a better feel for how you read your messages.

I see it too. The way I've been shootin' down the red planes is by:

(1) viewing new posts

(2) mark all posts as read

No, I like to have a better feel for organization, so I start at the top of the page (The Pub) go into that forum, read all the posts there, then come back to the main list and continue down to the bottom of the page. The planes ony stay red while I'm at bio haz though. If I leave and surf for a while, then come back, everything I read is yellow again. It's not that big of a deal, just kind of annoying.

PG_Raptor,

I read these forums the same way as you. Makes sense. I've tried reading the new posts by using the "view new posts" but it just seems so... unorganized trying to read it that way. :P