Sign in to follow this  
tone12

search function not working?

is it just me or is the forum search funtion not working?

I've the same feeling.

I did a quick search on Polovski's posts

Only a few popped up

I think all the old software posts arn't searchable ...yet???

I did a quick search on Polovski's posts

Only a few popped up

I think all the old software posts arn't searchable ...yet???

forgive me askin but what did u type to get the search thingy workin, does anything else have to be selected? in most forums u just type a word in search, tick search titles only and u get results but that isnt workin for me here.

I am a member on lots of forae. These use various engines. The search facility doesn't work on any of them so I have given up using it. Sometimes even google will show me posts that the forum search software can't find. I mean that search facility on some forums won't even find you as a member let alone anything you posted. Pity, but true. I don't know why this is, and as an admin or moderator on some forums I have to just tell users that 'it doesn't work'.

Actually ... Our new search engine is powered by Sphinx which is an incredible indexing agent. After the transition to the new boards I forgot a small config edit which left Sphinx in a state of "well what next". I rebuilt the database permissions and re-indexed sphinx. I heard a sigh of relief I swear!

The search engine is up and running as it was intended to be. There's a post in the bug section about this.

Give it a go and let me know what you think and that it's working for you.

Thanks.

E

forgive me askin but what did u type to get the search thingy workin, does anything else have to be selected? in most forums u just type a word in search, tick search titles only and u get results but that isnt workin for me here.

Point's mute now since Erik has the situation in hand

But I just clicked Advanced Search and put Pol's name in as Author