That was what my wingman answered when I asked him to rejoin. First time I hear that term during a mission ! :blink: Does it mean that he was hunting a prey and didn't want to leave it alone ? so this is kind of disobedience right ?:treaten:

Edited by fougamagister

I thought that means he's got an enemy on his tail. Or close to that.

Padlocked - Informative call indicating aircrew cannot take eyes off an aircraft or a surface position without risk of losing tally/visual.

So in other words by coming off his target he risks losing visual and that is dangerous because that frees up a bad guy to come after who ever, even you.

I usually hear it under 2 occasions:

1. My wingman is "Winchester" and going for a gun kill

2. (More common) My wingman has become defensive and I'm down to guns, trying to call him back to my wing to help me engage by closing distance. What usually works here is calling on him to break (Tab-1-3), then calling him back to my wing.

Ok thank you guys, have you often hear that word during missions ?

I hear it very often in WOI.

Padlocked - Informative call indicating aircrew cannot take eyes off an aircraft or a surface position without risk of losing tally/visual.

So in other words by coming off his target he risks losing visual and that is dangerous because that frees up a bad guy to come after who ever, even you.

May I correct you, sir?

Padlocked - Informative call indicating aircrew cannot take eyes off an aircraft or a surface position without risk of losing tally/visual a hot chick.

So in other words by coming off his target he risks losing visual and that is dangerous because that frees up a bad guy to come after who ever, even you of her boobs.

:rofl:

Sorry, couldn´t resist as i just remembered a conversation between the ATC on our airport and a Tornado crew requesting clearance for a flyover. As they passed us the pilot said "Goodbye and greetings to that nice girl on the observation deck!" :grin:

• Like 1

is that standard radio talk amongst jet aircrews? just wondered whether the IDF/AF crews would have used that term?

In general Air Traffic Comunication is more disciplined. But since that crew is from a nearby base and flies frequently along our airport, i suggest the ATC and the pilot knew eachother a bit. There is a helicopter flight school next to the tarmac and some business guys have their jets at the airport. Radio contacts between them and the tower are often more informal. :grin: