Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Need help no tracer smoke

Ok, couldnt sleep last night because my daughter didnt want to sleep. Awsome right? So I was wide awake at 3:00 am and decided to mess with some of the new effects packages. DO NOT mod when tired and mad!doh.gif

Any way I was mixing some effects to get things the way I would like them. Some things werent right so I tried to delete some things and reinstall my original Tracer Smoke effect (Latons version). Well it's gone of course.

Ive tried all versions of the Tacer Smoke I had saved, the .tga and the Tracer Smoke Emitter file. But no matter what I do, no tracer smoke appears. The smoke from the guns is there and the insendiary bullets are there too. Just no tracers. Anyone have any ideas? Could someone maybe send me a PM with their complete tracer smoke package? I might have deleted something important I dont know about. So I cant really tell anyone what I did. It was late and I was tireddntknw.gif

Ok, couldnt sleep last night because my daughter didnt want to sleep. Awsome right? So I was wide awake at 3:00 am and decided to mess with some of the new effects packages. DO NOT mod when tired and mad!doh.gif

Any way I was mixing some effects to get things the way I would like them. Some things werent right so I tried to delete some things and reinstall my original Tracer Smoke effect (Latons version). Well it's gone of course.

Ive tried all versions of the Tacer Smoke I had saved, the .tga and the Tracer Smoke Emitter file. But no matter what I do, no tracer smoke appears. The smoke from the guns is there and the insendiary bullets are there too. Just no tracers. Anyone have any ideas? Could someone maybe send me a PM with their complete tracer smoke package? I might have deleted something important I dont know about. So I cant really tell anyone what I did. It was late and I was tireddntknw.gif

See attached the tracer file i use ontop of starys effectmod.

Best regards :salute:

FE_tracers.zip

Thanks A6Intruder, I'll give it a try. But I think I might have tried this one already. Not sure though. I have a tracer smoke files installed, but nothing is showing up. We'll see. Thanks.

What should it say? Because I had to revert back to the stock bulletobject .ini. I have everything in the effects folder back to what I want and still no tracer smoke. I figured it has to be a problem somewhere else. Object folder maybe? That is where the bulletobject.ini is. I'll check. Thanks Laton.

Yep, Objects folder.

Check that the lines that say:

TracerEmitterName=

Refer to the correct tracer effect, eg. TracerEmitterName=TracerSmokeEmitter

Yep, Objects folder.

Check that the lines that say:

TracerEmitterName=

Refer to the correct tracer effect, eg. TracerEmitterName=TracerSmokeEmitter

Yep! Thats what it was. The names under bulletobject.ini all said [TracerEmitterName=TracerSmoke2Emitter].

I dont know where the 2 came from. I removed the 2 in all places now the tracers appear.

Why does my bulletobject.ini have a different name for the effect? All the effect downloads are named

TracerSmokeEmitter? Oh well. Big thanks to you Latondrinks.gif

TracerSmoke2Emitter was the name Stary used in his new effects pack to avoid conflict with some AC that use the old tracer effect as an exhaust.

TracerSmoke2Emitter was the name Stary used in his new effects pack to avoid conflict with some AC that use the old tracer effect as an exhaust.

Ah, got it. Thanks Laton. Stary's version was the one I had saved. Didnt realize it.

I'm back in business.good.gif

:good: