Sign in to follow this  
Kingkat

New Member Needs Some Advice

Hello to everyone, my name is Kingkat and I just joined today.

I ordered OFF and need some advice on what TrackIR system I should purchase.

I found the TrackIR4 w/ the Track Clip for $120.00 is that a good price?

Looking foward to flying this sim very soon.

Thankyou for the advice.

TrackIR4 with Trackclip is $100: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/product-TrackIR-4-PRO.html

TrackIR4 with TrackPro is $120.

TrackPro attaches to a headset, Trackclip attaches to your hat brim. Make sure as to which one you want. If you do not use a headset, get the regular one with just the Trackclip for $100.

Thanks for the information. I think I want the one that attaches to a headset.

I have watched a few vids at YouTube,and it makes the game seem a little better than using just the Hat Switch on the JS.

Thankyou for the help.

I just received the game in the mail today and will DL it now.

Looking foward to some real action.

If I get my courage up.............I might even fly on-line!!!!!!

Thankyou for the help.

I just received the game in the mail today and will DL it now.

Looking foward to some real action.

If I get my courage up.............I might even fly on-line!!!!!!

kingkat..would love to see you online.....

as far as the hatclip vrs the clip, several ppl here have given their clips away free, and gone to the hatclip. I got one from someone, and would never wear anything that big while i played the game. the hat clip is light, and only drawback is that you have to wear a hat. But if you use the clip, you still need something like a headphone to attach it to. I would try the hatclip first,,and if you really dont like it, i will send you the big clip i have. Just to let you know,,,the post office manage to break a connection on it. all it needs is a little glue, but because i will never use it,,,never bothered fixing it. not sure if it makes a difference, but the clip i have is from a trackir4.

Thankyou for all the posts.

I just received my TrackIR4 Pro in the mail yesterday, and just finished installing it. No CD, just got on the website and DL'd it. That is a good way to go. Not sure if the HAT Clip or the HEADSET clip is best.

All I can say is OMG.............where has THIS device been all my life...?

I flew around on FreeFlight and was able to fly WITH a group of DVII !!!! Could see them wherever they flew, flew around them.........wow........just awesome!

It IS the best investment I have made for a game in a long time.

All I can to say to anyone thinking about this game or device..............BUY IT! Makes a flight sim even more fun and immersive! Totally changes how you play the game. Actually puts you in the cockpit.

(even the wifey was impressed with how it worked..........good.gif .......but then again she knows that she's married to a little boy........who loves to play games.........yes.gif .........as long as I am home for supper)

There's also freetrack .  Takes some doing to custom build the hardware, but I have one running, love it!  Now if I had the money for trackir.....but with 6 kids, I wont be seeing loose change for a while LOL.

The CHILDREN today are far too smart to just go after "loose change". They realise the value of paper money!!!!!!

To them it DOES grow on trees.............your parents always have some to give AND............even after that has run out ..................there is always PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only wish I had ME as a PARENT so generous (as I was to my sons).....................nothing ever changes. LOL

Laughing with you there my friend. But then again, after all, I AM Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy AND the guy who buys whatever SHE requires.............I deserved the small gift!!!!