Sign in to follow this  
thewoo1

the Barons trophies

Reading a book on the red baron from the twenties..said his trophies were in his mothers house.. where are they now? particularly the cups...and part of hawkers plane canvas..

Seems to me I read somewhere that they where "lost" when the Russians invaded Germany in WWII. Anyhoo, they supposedly taken by the Russians. They are probably safe somewhere in a private collection.

Beard

Rumor has it, that underwater there is tons of Nazi Gold still today, but where ???

People are always searching for treasures. But what would you do, if you had lots of gold?

Sink it in a lake? Or put it into bank safes in Switzerland?

There are treasure maps from the old pirates. Many people searched and still search for them.

But why should they still be there? If I had been a British king or queen, when those maps first

appeared, I would have sent out the right men to bring those treasures home.

Robert Louis Stevenson wrote the book "Treasure Island". He was from a familiy of engineers;

they built lots of lighthouses for Britain. When you search for a treasure, it would be good to have

engineers on board.

And when the treasures are yours, you hand the maps out to the world again, to wipe out the

traces, that could lead to you. People love secrets. Secret maps. Ideas of treasures.

But treasures rarely ever get lost from those, who are the mighty ones.

Just an idea...

I think maybe MK2 is on the trail of MvR's trophies and that one day we will click on a post and there it will all be. That would be exciting yikes.gif

The Nazis dumped a lot of stuff, including counterfeited pounds worth over 100 million, into the Austrian lake of Toplitzsee at the end of the war. It's rumoured there is plenty of plunder at the bottom of that same lake, possibly even the Imperial Russian Amber Room, which the Germans removed from the Soviet Union during Barbarossa. Who knows what could be found from such remote locations of Europe.

But the Baron's cups are probably in some private collection, or in several collections. It's of course possible the robbers didn't know what they were taking and so the cups have never been sold together. They may not even exist any more.

Some of the Baron's things are at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, including 2 of his silver cups. One is #11 which was the one for Lanoe Hawker.

Someone must have given some Russian a good amount of money then, I guess?

UncleAl, Germany isn't on the dark side of the moon - of course do I know

"Keely's Heroes" ! And of course I liked it!!

Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland and Telly Savallas in best form!

"Stosstrupp Gold" in Germany (Raiding patrol Gold).

My dad, when he was alive, was in the cinema twice with me to see it once again.