Sign in to follow this  
berkut83

Apache and Apache Longbow Assault in 1920x1200?

Apache and Apache Longbow Assault in 1920x1200? ..... Yes just what the title states... :dntknw:

I have both of these awesome games !!! I remember I once searched all over for an update or some type of work around.... I finally figured out how to load the game in 1920x1200 ...... but ...... there is a glitch !!! I don't think that the cockpits can stretch to fill the widescreen and the game loads fine but the cockpit is missing !!!

These games are not that graphics demanding but when I first purchased them I didn't have a PC that could handle smooth play, so I never finished these games... and now that I finally have a MONSTER... I cannot figure out how to play the game in widescreen properly...

The game natively supports 1600x1200 resolution (highest)!!! but my issue is that my 1920x1200 monitors don't have the ability to NOT stretch the screen while playing.... so... if I try to play at the 1600x1200 resolution the screen gets stretched and ruins the graphics completely....

If some of you don't know about this game.... I think that it is a lot like Strike Fighters Series (flight simulator) in a sense that the graphics are really good and the simulation as well... it is not extremely complex and most importantly it is a FUN helicopter game !!!

Please if anyone knows of any possible fix to the game or my monitor issue please help me out... I'll greatly appreciate it... :ok: I really, really want to play this fine game !

Depending on what video card you have (mine is an ATI), you have the ability to set in your video display (if you are using a DVI connection) "scaling" or "not scaling". This says to the video display to use the native resolution of the game (your case 1600 x 1200) and do not stretch it to 1920 x 1200. If you have an nVidia card, it should have some thing simular.

Depending on what video card you have (mine is an ATI), you have the ability to set in your video display (if you are using a DVI connection) "scaling" or "not scaling". This says to the video display to use the native resolution of the game (your case 1600 x 1200) and do not stretch it to 1920 x 1200. If you have an nVidia card, it should have some thing simular.

Thank You for the reply... :) However... (I have the Nvidia GTX 295) In the Nvidia control panel this option is grayed out (disabled)... Since you told me about the DVI connection... It hinted me to notice that my monitor IS connected using the DVI connector, however it is a DVI to HDMI cable connection! Now, because the monitor I have has a VGA and HDMI input only, that might be a reason the option is disabled...!?

Is there another way??? :blink:

I do not know about nVidia, but with ATI when I used the VGA connection before I hooked up my DVI connection, it would not let me "scale" the games either.

Good luck and hopefully someone with your card can help you.

You might try going here and asking the same question since this site is more tech orientated: http://forums.guru3d.com/

Edited by Panama Red

Thank You friend.... I might post a question there about the technical aspect... :)

But, I still have to ask... Since I want to know if any mods exist or have ever existed for this game.... Personally, I haven't seen anything better that these two games in the helicopter sim area... It might me a "light sim" but it sure is a game of value... I am surprised there was never a huge fan base initially after the game came out... I own every single flight sim that ever came out between 1996 - 2006... Ever since... there are no sim games whatsoever ((with the exception of Rise of Flight (which by the way has been out for about 2 months here and I still don't see it on store shelves!?!?!?!?))..... !!!!

If anyone knows anything about this game just post a reply... That way I'll at least know that someone out there loves this game.... This game reminds me of the Thunderstrike series which I dearly love as well (but that game is old)!!! Man I want a solid helicopter game !!! :dntknw:

Ohh and I know about DCS Black Shark.... looking forward to buying it as soon as I see it.... (but I still think its not the same)...

So, yeah.... guys post so I know you're there and hopefully someone knows how to force both of the Apache games to 1920x1200 resolutions or better yet has some news on the next installment of this game !?

PS- One more thing.... I think I've said this before.... I found a solution before... I think it had to do with the registry (modding a key)... But the site I found the info on does NOT list the game anymore....!!! It just VANISHED!!!