plz some one help me i dont have a weapons folder so i can add planes but without there weapons plzzzzz help me

what version of the game do you have? if its anything SF2 then go into (your user name)\Saved Games\ThirdWire\(the game which you have.) go into the Objects folder and if you dont have a weapons folder......make one! this is assuming you have one of the SF2 series games on Vista. pending your answer any other O/S or the first gen series i will hand you off to the moderator who chooses to help you. i hope this helps

DA's answer pretty much covers ALL versions of the game ... they don't come stock with a weapons folder. YOU have to create one.

For the Classic Series (ie: TOS), assuming a C drive install: (either XP or Vista), where ... is the games main folder and such

C.../Objects/Weapons

for SF2 NextGens, just like he said for vista. for us XP users, (using mine as an example)

C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin J. Stein\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Objects\Weapons

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

first of all thx to the reply and my game is wings over europe but i tried to create weapons folder but it didnt work ,

when i add on any aircarft it comes with new weapons and they say i must change my weaponsdata.ini and i dont have one so should i creat one also sorry but i dont understand what exactlley to do sorry again but can you help me one more time thx......

My friend there is a Knowledge Base just a couple forums above this one. There is a thread that tells you how to add weapons. That Knowledge Base will tell you from A to Z how to do anything and everything we have learned since 2002. I HIGHLY recommend you start reading.

and the choir sings...."The Knowledge Base iisssss your Frieeeend!!!"

there's a whole section in there on "adding weapons" and all the various and sundry steps necessary

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/forum/189-adding-weapons/

Most importantly, you'll need to pull the stock weaponsdata.ini from the Objects.cat. Start by downloading Skypats' Cat Extraction tool -- it's in the downloads section under "Tools & Utilities" (or something like that. And read this guide:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/32706-using-skypats-cat-extraction-tool/

Conversley, you can always download one of pre-made weapons paks, and go from there.

-----------------

i tried to create weapons folder but it didnt work

that dosen't make any sense at all... you know how to create a new folder? Right click on the right panel of Windows Explorer, and the little pop-up popsup and give you a list of tasks??? One of them is "create new folder".

But, first, I think you'll be spending some time in KB, reading up on how things work in this game. I know English isn't your firt language, so we'll muddle though this as best we can. At worst, we can find another native speaker, and get a translation for you :good:

But, start in the KB with the information turorials.

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

thx for every thing , i got the extractor and it works and got the weapons editor and i followed every step you told me and still i only get the plane without the weapons i dont know why ( the new weaopns i ve added appears in the weapons editor but not in the game) i really dont know why yikes.gif but its ok then i dosent matter any more

thx again for the instractions

Edited by kingwael

Check the weapon service dates and make sure you have put the .lod and .bmp files into the "weapons" folder for the weapons.

if they are still not there check section 23 here - ignore the bit about getting the SF2 weps editor - it applies to the one you already have.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/44026-converting-older-planes-to-work-in-sf2-a-basic-guide-by-migbuster/

thx it works now , what i did: first i used to have the oct 2008 patch . i removed it and got a weapons pack it made the weapons folder i want it

and i can put any kind of weapons in the game now but there is only one problem that the game without the patch is not that good caz i cant see all the targets infront of me the radar is very bad and even when a missile is approching i dont know so i die pretty much but at least i got the weapons to defend myself if you can answer this to i would be very greatfeul (sorry but my english is not that good)

and very thx for the instructions it was very helpfeul you are the best guys plz answer me thx again.............