So I'm wondering the following:

1) Since updating my WOE to the most recent patch standard, my F-15A generates on the runway with an open canopy and this bouncing effect with the tank and landing gear under the runway surface. It eventually causes my wingman and my jet to catch fire and blow up on the runway. Does this happen with anyone else's WOE at that patch level?

2) Is there anyway to fix it, including getting rid of the open canopy mod?

Brother Dice, PLEASE don't post questions in the Knowledge Base ... it's for answers only.

-

now, to the issues at hand....

first off, WHICH F-15? Stock or 3rdParty? Which games? SF/Wo* TOS or SF2 NextGens??? I remember when the 08 patch came out there were HUNDREDS of issues (small and large) with dozens and dozens of the aftermarket planes. The Eagle landing gear issue was one. Have you checked in the "Things You Need To Update Thread" in the KB???

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/32358-the-things-you-need-to-update-thread/

there may be other threads, unfortunately I can't find them!!! Mabye our new Search function will turn up something.

as to the canopy, you can do several things:

1) disable it completely (autospeed canopies got borkked in the 08 patch)

2) convert it manual via an animation key

wrench

kevin stein

Brother Dice, PLEASE don't post questions in the Knowledge Base ... it's for answers only.

-

now, to the issues at hand....

first off, WHICH F-15? Stock or 3rdParty? Which games? SF/Wo* TOS or SF2 NextGens??? I remember when the 08 patch came out there were HUNDREDS of issues (small and large) with dozens and dozens of the aftermarket planes. The Eagle landing gear issue was one. Have you checked in the "Things You Need To Update Thread" in the KB???

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/32358-the-things-you-need-to-update-thread/

there may be other threads, unfortunately I can't find them!!! Mabye our new Search function will turn up something.

as to the canopy, you can do several things:

1) disable it completely (autospeed canopies got borkked in the 08 patch)

2) convert it manual via an animation key

wrench

kevin stein

Apologies about the Knowledge Base.

This problem with the landing gear is on the stock WOE F-15A. I didn't see anything with regard to any F-15A in the 'Things you need to Update' thread, but I will keep looking.

Since you're dealing with the default WoE F-15A, the fix is simple. If there's an F-15A_Data.ini in the F-15A folder, delete it, and the game engine will use the default F-15A FM from the Oct 2008 patch.

That issue stems from an older FM that resided within the model folder, hence, it was not updated when you installed the latest patch.

Edited by Fubar512

Since you're dealing with the default WoE F-15A, the fix is simple. If there's an F-15A_Data.ini in the F-15A folder, delete it, and the game engine will use the default F-15A FM from the Oct 2008 patch.

That issue stems from an older FM that resided within the model folder, hence, it was not updated when you installed the latest patch.

Thanks, seems to have cleared the issue right up.