Sign in to follow this  
I/JG1_Adler

SHADOWS in FE1918

Hi FE community! I search for tweek ... need to set in Options panel SHADOWS between HIGH (shadows rendered on all objects) and MIDDLE (shadows rendered only on planes externals) ... so, i dont need shadows on ground objects etc. (because LOW performance from PC) but i want shadows in cockpit when i use MIDDLE shadows ... can anyone help me? is that tweek possible? THX1

2nd: Any idea, how can i ad new SOUND for rotary engine? (napr.: Fokker Dr.1, Sopwith Camel etc.) When i switch OFF magneto by rotary engine, then i missing SOUND from IDLE engine = THX2 :)

Adler (I.Gruppe/Jagdgeschwader1 - http://www.jg1.sk/forum/ - SK and CZ )

Edited by I/JG1_Adler

I Can't help you with the shadow thing, Adler, but if you want to add throttle to the rotary engine, edit the following lines in the plane's DATA.INI:

[Engine]

ReferenceName=Bentley 150 HP

SystemType=PROP_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL

BlipSwitch=TRUE <----------------Change this line to 'FALSE'

BlipThreshhold=0.95

Edited by Southside Bucky

My english is not very good, i know, so ... thx for idea, but i dont need throttle for rotary engine, i need other SOUND for that engine, when the engine is OFF, because when OFF, then no SOUND by me (only windloop sound) - try this and say, if you have engine sound by idle running (power 0%) by rotary engine? By me = no sound :/ THX again

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, Adler...

There are two alternatives with the rotary engine:

1. The early war type that had no throttle. Therefore, the 'blip switch' was used to slow the engine down. Using the blip switch, the engine is either off or on.

or...

2. The later war rotary, which had a throttle, enabling the pilot to slow the engine revs down to idling speed.

So if you want to idle the engine, you'll have to use the throttle.

Hope that helps.

Hi Adler. The sim does not have a sound for the blip "switch off". There is no idle sound because the engine isn't actually idling without spark to the cylinders. Although you should probably hear something like the prop noise from the wind still spinning it its either engine sound on or engine sound off.

You're welcome! Also, I don't think there is anything you can do about the shadows. I recently got a new computer and play with shadows on HIGH. On my old system I could not play with shadows on due to the FPS reduction. Didn't know what I was missing.

Edited by Tailspin

Any IDEA how to set other weather for multiplayer? There is every time SCATTERED i think, without clouds :blink: i want for multiplayer BROKEN or other, but when i overwrite in Options.ini line for wheater, then nothing happend, weather same :this: heeelp :dntknw: