Sign in to follow this  
gull19

All my weapons are gone.....

I must be doing something dumb. When I load the weapons pack, it looks like all goes well, but when I go into the hanger for a loadout, there is nothing listed in the avalable weapons on the left. I saw that the avaialble dates were 1917-1938 so I changed them to a correct date range, but still no weapons. I'v got WOE with the patch installed. Any suggestions?

thanks

Which weapons pack...some of them are significantly out of date and will not work with a patched install.

FC

And did u open the weapon data ini, and then save it using the latest weapons editor?

Hello! If You have patched game and use an old weaponeditor it may not work. Witch weapon pack did You install?

PS Some times ago I had another problem -I'm not sure that was this but when I add new aircraft by TMF (it was an EXE file) it remowe from my weapons all bombs amd missile racks... :rofl:

I used the bunyap weapons pack from the wiki site and I patched WOE with the latest patch from the third wire site. I saw one post that seemed to say that the weapons pack would work if WOE was not patched. Is that true?

thanks all....

You need to use the correct Weapons Pack - with the correct weapons editor for the version of the game you have.

For Oct 2008 WOE the weapons editor was dated v022008

http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

My advice is - Dont install the pack directly into your game - install it to an empty folder on your desktop - then copy the weapons folder into your game only.

That did it!!! I must have had an older Weapons Editor. I downloaded the later version and ran it and now I've got the weapons pack back..

Thanks all...

Guest Eject

I was reading this particular topic on Weapons gone AFTER installing a new Patch or Update. My sincere thanks to especially MigBuster's advice.

To Gull19, I just wish to share with u and others of my "level," i.e., a beginner (altho have been a year flying virtually only in WoI and WOE), my own unfortunate moment when it happened, even TWICE shame on me, to the exact same problem. All my weapons were gone.

Then, I tried this simple rule: backup my most important parts in our Weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat. For me, I just RENAME them, I meant the current one BEFORE applying the NEW Patch or Update. Or, COPY them, and I placed them in a new SUB-FOLDER in the WEAPON folder, and named it COPIES. So, if anything wrong occur, I just dashed to it to pull the working dot dat or dot ini of the Weapons.

Yes! I also found ot that we must must must only use an appropriete Wepondataeditor. Normally, it came with said Patch/Update.

Otherwise, the new one will not work.

I am still mistified why only in my WOI, the weapondata.DAT NEVER changes after I Weapeditored the new Weapdata.ini???

Simple, but perhaps silly step; I re-activated my previous, WORKING weapdata.DATA on my NEW Patch.

And it worked. Same mishap did not happen with the WOE tho....

BTW, I used for WoI the MirageFactory Weaopns pack.

Tank u all...best regard