Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

My Favourite Writer

Hello screen lookers,

In the time of tv and pc, I also read books.

This is my favourite writer.

http://www.stephencoonts.com/

He write about airplanes, terrorists and nice guys and girls that save the world.

It is a Vietnam Veteran and still do flying airplanes.

I have almost al his books, what comes out in mine country I buy it.

Did someone also read his books or do somebody has other favourite writers?

Salute

Dutchy

I'll have to look him up. I still think the "Ender's Game" series by Orson Scott Card are the best books I've ever read. heck, I think theres eight of them now, and they're all really good.

Ender's Game ROOLED! So did Flight of the Intruder. My stepmom was a religous fanatic, so instead of going to see the R-rated movies, I was reading the books instead to keep her off my back. Shoot, I was into 2001 by the sixth grade.

Flight of the Intruder is the only book by Coonts that I have read, but I truly enjoyed it.

Not surprisingly, the movie was a disappointment. Oh, it was ok, but not nearly as suspenseful as the book.

Navy Chief

Fave writers? Tom Clancy has my vote.......Red Storm Rising, now that was an excellent novel. I spent the whole day reading it. Done in 2 days......and I was kinda sad because now what was I going to read?

Done in 2 days......and I was kinda sad because now what was I going to read?

Yeah, that's what sucks about good books. You read it, and then... what are you gonna do? (hint: read it again) :D

One of my favorite books has to be Arc Light by Eric L. Harry...very good read...read it in 2-3 days...but red storm rising was very good...read that in a couple of days too..:)

Semper Fi

What I do with Red Storm Rising is I read my favorite scenes, ie the attack on Keflavik or, better yet, that first awesome tank battle, "Woody, target, tank T-80 12 o'clock, load HEAT round and shoot.....HIT!" sooooo great!

Heh, what I do is just open it up to a random page. The thing is, it's hard to believe that neither side won. It shows that unlike other books based on the Cold War with the US winning in the end, neither side does. It shows that Mr. Clancy ain't bias! I especially love that attack on the convoy, w/ the Nimitz and the Backfires.....

Edited by Falcon Six Two

Tom Clancy's Sum of all Fears was an excellent story. He did a real good job putting it all together. If you like westerns, Look for Clair Huffaker. The very best is The Cowboy and the Cossak. THAT would be a sweeping epic on the scale of Lonesome Dove if they did it right as a movie. One of my favorite exchanges in the book...*Theyd been on the trail for several months, were tired, discouraged; sitting around a fire one night one of the hands pipes up and says, " I need a town and a woman. We been on the trail so long even these cows are startin to have a strange effect on me." The trail boss comments, "Only the good lookin ones I hope." hehe. :D

Edited by pcpilot