Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

AWACS Nose gear

And just to keep the USAF in the crunch department.....

post-19383-12518174643544_thumb.jpg

I don't know what you might say

But that mishap looks like Class A!

We had 4 crews out to Nellis for this Red Flag. One crew was on approach behind the Wacker when this happened. Apparently, the E-3 bounced on landing and the pilot forced the nose back down, landing on the nose gear first which obviously failed, and the rest of the jet came down. The force was so hard, they also pushed the main gear through the wings.

There no injuries from the incident until the investigation. One of the crewmembers was in the safety office for their statement/report and a heavy wooden sign fell down and hit her on the head, knocking her down.

I'm trying to find a high-res copy of this photo. We want to make it a motivational poster for our squadron bar.

-S

Yeah I talked to some of my CP controllers there. More details to come. Glad I wasnt there when this went down. I miss being in the 552nd to a point. This is not one of them.

There no injuries from the incident until the investigation. One of the crewmembers was in the safety office for their statement/report and a heavy wooden sign fell down and hit her on the head, knocking her down.

Oh, the irony. LOL