Sign in to follow this  
DerMo

..for Olham

Thank you, DerMo! Can I download the film, or only watch it in that small frame?

Excuse the question, if it's stupid - I'm so tired right now, I can't see a download

button or anything.

Sadly the copyrights are with Steven Spielberg now so we cannot download it but you can watch it fullscreen.

But have you noticed how rare this footage is?I mean there you can see moving pics of famous pilots like Werner Voss;Wilhelm Reinhardt,Adolf Ritter von Tutscheck(!),Hans Kirschstein(!!) and the entire Jasta11(!!!).First time i saw it i could not believe this would exist..

Sorry i´m getting too entusiastic againblink.gif

Edited by DerMo

Yes, I see what you mean, it's incredible indeed.

How large can you watch it?

I am in the web with an older rig with Win98, and I can't seem to get

another size but a small frame in the left corner.

Spielberg should release this on cleaned up video with narration, it would be phenomenal. I have seen the clips of Goering in his cockpit taking off his headwraps, but the rest is new to me. MVR putting on his flight gear and climbing in to fly off was awesome.

This really is amazingly rare footage and it's great that it has been posted to the internet for everyone to share. BTW, if you simply right-click on the video player in each link and hit properties, you will see the web address of each film clip, and if you then change the prefix to "http" you will direct link to each file, (basic web file hosting class 101). The direct links are as follows:

http://wmserver.ushm...112006_1027.wmv

http://wmserver.ushm...112006_1055.wmv

If you now click on these the wmv file should launch in your default viewer in it's original size and you can then save it to your computer from there. smile.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Sadly the copyrights are with Steven Spielberg now so we cannot download it but you can watch it fullscreen.

Set it to full screen and launch FRAPS.

Hauksbee, you don't even need to do that. Just click on the links in my above post and the wmv videos will launch, then save it to your computer from your default video viewer, (i.e. Windows Media Player, Quick Time Viewer, etc).

Cheers!

Lou

When i first time saw this, i was tottally stunned. Looking those aces in moving picture who you had read about many years. I have recognized many famous pilot from that scheme. There is also explained something about the scenes, but not sure are the all names correct. So How about people, send some names here and time of the scene.

None of the above links work for me to watch the flim instantly - no matter if I

choose "open with Windows Media Player" - it always goes to download of the file.

And for the download, it estimates more than two hours!

So, could anyone post the WHOLE written link line for me to copy and paste into the box?

But it must all be visible -not as a link, please?

Olham, if you right-click on the above links I posted you will see the entire link address in the drop-down box. Also, these are very large video files and they will take quite a while to download Sir. But they are definitely worth the time to have them in your collection.

Cheers!

Lou

If you have trouble Olham here they are, just add the "http://" in front of each one and you will be good to go.

wmserver.ushmm.org/FilmVideo/RG603352_12112006_1027.wmv

wmserver.ushmm.org/FilmVideo/RG603351_12112006_1055.wmv

Cheers!

Lou

This is absolutely amazing.

DerMo, Thanks for posting those links.

Vasco :pilotfly:

It explains what was covering the pilot's / Gunners faces in a previous post on the forum...they DID cover their whole head in a leather facemask UNDER their flying helmets!

Thank you, Lou. I will download them now, as you all seem very excited.

For me fullscreen works with Right click mouse on the little screen-Zoom- Fullsreen, but im using WinXP.

Not all the names noted there are correct.For example at 1:15:25 it says this may be Oswald Boelcke but im pretty sure it is Arthur Laumann(Jasta10,JG1) who is playing with the dog.

Next scene with the monkey is definatly not Wilhelm Frankl but at least they tried to identifySalute.gif .

There are so many aces to identify,it would take a bunch of time