Sign in to follow this  
rickmeister

OFF BH&H Problem

Hi! I installed the PC DVD-ROM. When I click on the icon, I get the dreaded "Fatal Error Loading Menu" msg. I did some research on the OFF Support Board. I went ahead and set the OFF Manaager to run as administrator. The second part of the task is to find 'cfs3.exe' in the 'CFSWWI Over Flanders Fields' folder and set that to run as administrator. My problem is that I don't know where to find that folder. I'm not computer savy. Can anyone help me? Thanx!

Try   C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1_Over_Flanders_Fields

I typed it in the "Run" box but MS couldn't find it. Where else should I type it?

{Thanx for replying to my initial inquiry!]

Some things you just have to find  for yourself:

C / Program Files / Microsoft Games / CFSWWI / OBD exc grin.gif

Where you I enter that?

Okay, here is some Computer 101.

Click Start. Look for and click on My Computer. You will see a window open up. The window is divided into several sections. Look for the section that says "Hard Disk Drives." Under this you will see at least one drive, probably something like "System (C:)." There may be others, it depends on your system. Generally speaking, C: is the main hard drive where most of your programs are located. Double click on the line that says System (C:). You will now see a list of folders (also called files). Look for the folder that says "OBDSoftware." Open up the folder and then click on the folder that says "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields." This will open up a new window that has lots of folders and files. Look for the file that says "CFS3.exe." Now, RIGHT-click on that file by using your RIGHT mouse button. You will see a menu open up. Look for the "Run as" command. Click on that and you should see the option to run as administrator.

Hope that helps. If not, find a teenager or someone you know who is knowledgeable about computers. Good luck and I hope you are able to get everything working smoothly.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche