Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Patch V1.02 Has Gone Beta

The last word on the next patch it is that is now in beta and testing has begun. Needless to say a lot of things could still stop it from being released anytime soon.

Not much info is out on the actual contents of the patch yet but i suspect that it will still be a strictly bug-hunt patch. The current beta build is around 21 megs but Ubi might choose to offer both a "full" patch and an incremental.

Follow Stormins Patch Update thread (0601)

Carl/Stormin has just provided us with a teaser of something that might make a return in v1.02: The mini-hud

It will be optional and is selected in the options menu under "difficulties"

See Carls post here

...and Carl has also confirmed that they have worked on fixing the WP smoke in multiplayer and that it seems to be working now (thanks Mudd)... Thats one of the things i have been looking most forward to

post-6-1076159582_thumb.jpg

sweet...this game just keeps getting better & better.....

Update:

According to Stormin they are now awaiting a new build of patch ver. 1.02. Obviously this build will need testing. So even all is perfect with this version it will be some time yet before thay can confirm this and release it to the public

I love this game to but its going to take A lot more than a patch to fix this game. hum, maybe the japannese will remake it?

I must be one of the lucky ones. If they fix the WP rockets in multiplayer theres not much for me to complain about

btw: A new build was released to the testers today... so the timeframe is still a couple of weeks

Carl just posted a little up mini-report on the UBI boards of what he has seen do far with the new build:

received the latest version of the V1.02 Beta this evening. I' have only had a chance to play for a few hours.

Things the I have noticed or verified:

- F-15C Radar and AIM-120 performance vastly improved. No more blank BVR mode after switch to other modes and then coming back. RWR and TWS worked great tonight.

- Weapons release and gun trigger are now separated for the Western aircraft. You can assign whatever key or joystick button you want to release missiles, rockets, or bombs. It works, I verified it tonight. This will mean that you are going to have to reconfigure your input setups for those of you that have customized.

- Padlock now has a cycle capability where each time you hit the padlock toggle key it cycles between whatever targets are in visual range and in your field of view. Breaking padlock in now a separate key. Again, you will need to take a look at how you have things configured.

- Russian ECM is not as powerful.

- New axis functions available.

There are plenty of other things on the list but until I have seen them working myself or they have been properly verified by the Testers, I am not going to discuss them.

Performance seemed very good but I didn't take any measurements. Hopefully we will have some multiplayer testing this weekend as there are some MP fixes on the list, but until I see them I am not going to say what.

Not much of a report, but it looks pretty damn good so far. We appreciate your patience.

Cheers,

Carl

Carl C. Norman

Executive Producer & Consultant

The Fighter Collection/Eagle Dynamics

Disclaimer: I am a representative from the Developer of Lock On: Modern Air Combat. I am NOT a spokesman for Ubi Soft nor am I a Moderator for their forums. Official announcements concerning release dates will come directly from Ubi Soft. All features and dates mentioned in this posting are variable and subject to change at any time.