Sign in to follow this  
jet_spud

question re: sopwith

hi, new to this forum

looked at the list of downloadable stock aircraft additions/variants for FE and saw "sopwith" which surprised me as i don't have any sopwith in my version, then i was surprised even more to find the number of sopwiths within as a big fat 0!!

what happened here?

also while i'm here, i've read elsewhere with TW games that some accept mods better if they are'nt patched all the way up to v.08 (i'm talking ww2 planes in sf1 series especially. what's best for FE with regard to adding planes, effects etc ?

thanks. bye.gif

Hey there Jet_Spud. Welcome to our forum and First Eagles. It's an awsome sim. There are sooo many things in the download section that you can add to this sim. It's all personal preference really. Follow some older threads as far as what effects to add and so on. You can find all those other WWI planes at

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/. Look in the WWI aircraft section. You do need a password to get them. Follow instructions on the main page. Just need to send an e-mail request for password. If and when you get those planes, you need to then get all the updated flight models, by Peter01ok.gif , in the download section here at CombatAce. Under Flight Models. It's easy. There are Readme instructions for everything. You'll want everything in the download section! It'll drive you nuts. Well I hope this answers one of your questions anyway. Every one here will help anyway they can. Great bunch of people. And smart too.

The only slight problem is, if you don't have the Camel in your game then you obviously don't have the Expansion Pack...If you can go another 15 quid or whatever it is, then you're definitely in business!

The expansion pack includes:

Camel (3 variants)

Fokker Dr.I

Albatros D.III (3 Variants)

AEG G.IV

RE8

SPAD V.II (2 Variants)

Money well spent, I promise you.

I sound like a door to door salesman!

Sorry I didnt realize that the Camel is only in the Expansion Pack. When I bought FE I installed the Exp Pack right away.

thanks very much guys - i didn't even know there was an expansion pack to be honest! clapping.gif i seem to remember when i purchased the game there was going to be a whole series, but guess it did'nt happen aside for this one.

my FE is v.06 i think, should i patch it up to v.08 here or will the expansion do that for me?

making this series moddable was a great idea. your right about the games too, i've been stuck on the il-2 series for a number of years, but they are very serious, and sometimes can get a bit boring. you know i'd almost forgotten how much fun a combat sim can be until i got the whole sf1/fe series!

now i can't stop flying or fiddling with them!

grin.gif

I'd say, get the expansion pack, then the Nov08 patch. After that, go get all the add-on planes and mods you want, then bring it all up to date with Peter01's latest flight models package.

Be seeing you...

Bucky