Sign in to follow this  

I am sorry for posting this again, but I everytime I search on the forums I don't get a return...(i.e., "sound" = "No results found for 'sound'."????). Anyway, for the original WOV, what are the sound file format requirements (i.e., 16-bit, mono, etc.). I am trying to make a new "Gear" sound, I can get it into the game, but it does not play the entire length of the .WAV file for some reason...any ideas? Bad format, internal limitation, etc.???

Edited by swambast

I am trying to make a new "Gear" sound, I can get it into the game, but it does not play the entire length of the .WAV file for some reason...any ideas? Bad format, internal limitation, etc.???

Sounds like a duration issue. The game engine will only play the wav sound as long as the gear is in motion. Once it's fully deployed or retracted, it terminates the sound call-out.

Thanks as usual Fubar - that explains why the sound "cuts" out and puts an end to that attempt. I originally spliced together two sound files: first the gear sound and then the voice chatter file. My intent was to allow the chatter to continue without being "reset" all the time as happens when assigned to "windloop" or "jetwhine" or whatever. I went so far as to thinking I could assign a "Voice Comm" into the _LoadOut.ini file, and you can turn on the voice comms by "dropping a bomb" etc. but I man, that is getting ridiculously complex and a little over the top. :rofl:

Have any ideas or thoughts on how to solve this one...?

Have any ideas or thoughts on how to solve this one...?

Well, you could try creating a separate soundlist entry for it, defing it as "looped", and see if it works, but again, I have my doubts, as I'm sure it will terminate after the gear's locked.

Hmmm, no good on that. Trying to think outside the box on ideas to get the voice chatter to continue persistently without pausing and re-looping, but I'm really running out of ideas fast...has no one been able to solve this? It sure is a lot more difficult than I anticipated... :dntknw: