Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Just Installed the Final Version of TrackIR 5 Software

Very nice! Much smoother panning motion and a neat new control panel for all the settings and profiles. I had a clean action with my TrackIR 4:Pro software before, but this is even better. If any of you are currently running either TrackIR 3 or TrackIR 4 now you should give this new software a try. It's a keeper for me. Here is the link for those who need it:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

Cheers!

Lou

Installed it (TrackIR Pro 4 setup) and copied my existing profiles to it. - opens OK but how do I get to view my profiles to adjust them - all I see next to the left settings screen is the black screen on the right?

Mine looks like this....

You can edit profiles using the lower left menus...

post-45899-12521739579605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

Very nice! Much smoother panning motion and a neat new control panel for all the settings and profiles. I had a clean action with my TrackIR 4:Pro software before, but this is even better. If any of you are currently running either TrackIR 3 or TrackIR 4 now you should give this new software a try. It's a keeper for me. Here is the link for those who need it:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

Cheers!

Lou

Lou S!

Just looked at the trackir support website. It says that the latest version supports Trackir 4 and 5.

However, A LATER version, 5.1, will support trackir 3 with vector expansion.

So, us trackir 3 fellas are not yet able to use it- it says-

But, has anyone ( reckless types among you -lol ) with trackir 3 ventured and tried this present software?

Sandbagger, I think you must go over the small buttons top right corner - see, what they say,

and press those you want to see. I think, you want the middle one.

Edited by Olham

Still no go - I just see white screens where the profile set ups should shown. I'm running Vista 64 but the NaturalPoint site says Version 5 software is compatible with Vista and the TrackIR 4 Pro setup - I've tried the one-one, smooth and default selections - strange as the original version software works OK ??

Edited by sandbagger

When you have chosen "Advanced settings" and "Profiles" and there is all white out,

then unclick the little box "exclusive" - then the other profiles should become accessable.

Lou S!

Just looked at the trackir support website. It says that the latest version supports Trackir 4 and 5.

But, has anyone ( reckless types among you -lol ) with trackir 3 ventured and tried this present software?

I doubt very much that they will bother doing a TR3 version (even though they say they will)

I doubt very much that they will bother doing a TR3 version (even though they say they will)

Ever the sceptic, Simon-lol

Bell me - need some advice re lines - got the fishing bug again!

Sandbagger maybe you need to backup your profiles, then do a clean uninstall, and reinstall?

I'm using the latest version in Win7 64Bit works fine - the odd glitch but getting better with each release.

Sandbagger maybe you need to backup your profiles, then do a clean uninstall, and reinstall?

I'm using the latest version in Win7 64Bit works fine - the odd glitch but getting better with each release.

Is Win 7 still in beta stage?

Is Win 7 still in beta stage?

Yeah...think it's out in October

No this is final RTM (release to manufacturers) version, got it via my Technet subscription. It's not a beta.

Lou S!

You could try it, but the software is just not designed yet to see the TrackIR 3 hardware.

I'll do my best to make it happen. I wanted it supported with the release of the 5.0 software, but there where some issues with the Vector expansion support.

Still no go - I just see white screens where the profile set ups should shown. I'm running Vista 64 but the NaturalPoint site says Version 5 software is compatible with Vista and the TrackIR 4 Pro setup - I've tried the one-one, smooth and default selections - strange as the original version software works OK ??

Latest video card drivers.

The white out section indicates that the software is having an issue drawing OPenGL, as those windows use OpenGL.

Vince, when you are from Natural Point: What must one do to get an OFF video into your site?

I saw, other sims had one in there, and OFF could surely do with more publicity?

I had not read this thread because I have TIR3 PRO w/Vector. Thought it would not be supported. Now I see it is intended. That's cool beans. Thanks. And Olham is right, let's get an OFF BH&H vid on the site! Please?

Vince, when you are from Natural Point: What must one do to get an OFF video into your site?

I saw, other sims had one in there, and OFF could surely do with more publicity?

If you have a good video you would like posted, you can email it to me support @ naturalpoint.com, and I can foward it on to the TrackIR team from there.

Edited by NaturalPoint_Vince

Hey, great! I will contact the devs about that; they should have a good one. Thank you!

Can those of you who have updated the software to Ver.5 give a bit more feedback now that you have used it for awhile. Is it worth the switch? My Trackir 4 seems to be working fine with the old software, so I am hesitant to mess with it.

So is the '5' software it noticeably better for OFF? Any downside? (I don't really care about the utilites...rarely need to use them and the old versions do fine anyway)

Thanks!!

It's smoother, much more stutter-free for me.

And when I installed it, my old TrackIR4 install was kept, including the icon to start it with.

So I can have both - why shouldn't you?

Hey Scout; I installed it last week and I'm impressed, it seems to run noticeably smoother.

Also as Olham has mentioned ,it doesn't overwrite 4 so you can always dump it if you don't like it.

Cheers from 2hrs. south of you

Fawlty

Guest Barnstorm

I was having real problems getting TrackIR v.5 to work under Nvidia 180.xx drivers. After I upped to 190.xx drivers, TrackerIR v.5 works great now, at least for me.

You could try it, but the software is just not designed yet to see the TrackIR 3 hardware.

I'll do my best to make it happen. I wanted it supported with the release of the 5.0 software, but there where some issues with the Vector expansion support.

Nice one Vince!...we are relying on ya!! :salute:

77Scout, I've been flying with TR5 for just about a week now, and I love it. Not a single issue, and as I noted initially, much smoother. I also noticed when I am running FRAPS video capture that my FPS are better too, so I have a hunch TR5 uses less memory.

NaturalPoint_Vince, thanks for posting here Sir, and thanks for the offer of sending a BHaH video along to the TrackIR team. Now we just need to get one of the OFF devs to forward a nice one along to you. BTW, please give my kudos to your team on an outstanding product. I went to TrackIR at the start of this year and I've never looked back. Well, that's not true. TIR allows me to look back whenever I want...and up, down, side-to-side, pretty much wherever I want to look. biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Lou