Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

MIA

Seems it's been maybe a month since I've seen Mark"Homeboy" or Condor. I hope all is well with them. Anybody know?

I know Homeboy tried to sever one of his fingers during one of his "frankenstein" control device conversions, and he came on here and apologised for not being able to complete his "Over Flanders Fields Aircraft Page" for some time as he was unable to fly effectively.

I expected to miss him for a few weeks because of that, being grounded and all, but it's been way longer than a couple of weeks.

Now we both know that Homeboy sold one of his "lefty" HOTAS set-ups to Condor some time ago. Both of them missing together might mean they are testing some new device in collaboration.

Don't know about Rooster, but Catch can be found over at SimHq. Same Catch....different channel.

We are alive and well; at least I am. Mark was OK a few days ago. Mark is doing a mod on my throttle so I can't fly right now. When I get it back I will have a more precise trim axis. We've been flying campaigns. I'm starting with the Germans in Nov. 1915 and can't seem to get out of the EIII. I have yet to be shot down by an enemy plane but my longest lived pilot has only lasted 8.7 hours. It's either ack or running into my prey. It's really frustrating to get killed in such a stupid way with 3 confirmed kills and 4 claims pending. I know Mark's having the same problems flying for the French in a Nup 11. It's not the game. It's us. I've been flying WWII birds for too long and have yet to get it out of my head that the EIII doesn't have the power and manuverability to avoid a collision after a close pass. In fact I'm not sure it's appropriate to use power and Eindecker in the same sentance:grin:

Mark's wound has healed. He's just taking a break I think. I'm sure he will be back.

Condor, so good to hear from you. I've flown the EIII a fair bit myself. One thing to bare in mind also is that your opponent is flying dang slow too. I hope your stick mods workout for you. Say Hi! to Mark for us and let us know how you get on with the stick, that's interesting.

Ricketycrate,

Your concern is appreciated. How is life on the St. Croix? I spent a lot of time in my younger years fishing the river at Hudson.

Your right about how slow the opponents are. I'm always amazed at how fast I close on the B.E.2cs. It's hard to believe anything could fly so slowly.

The stick mod is just the addition of a pot with a greater range for the elevator trim axis. It was overly sensitive with the original CH pot. Nothing spectacular.

Hey, Condor, good to see you again.

When you come from WW2 aviation, the Eindecker is really a big change.

Try the 1917 fighters or even 1918, and work your way through all craft backwards.

There's no reason to start in 1915. New pilots started at all times.

And I have long given up the illusion, I could be like Ernst Udet, and survive it all.

You want energy - try the much improved SPAD XIII. An incredible craft, after flying

the DIII for a long time, I tell yer.

Hope you guys regain the fun in all this.

Ricketycrate,

Your concern is appreciated. How is life on the St. Croix? I spent a lot of time in my younger years fishing the river at Hudson.

Your right about how slow the opponents are. I'm always amazed at how fast I close on the B.E.2cs. It's hard to believe anything could fly so slowly.

The stick mod is just the addition of a pot with a greater range for the elevator trim axis. It was overly sensitive with the original CH pot. Nothing spectacular.

Hudson, well if you fished the channel along the Minnesota side across from Hudson you were fishing just off my beachbye.gif. Small world. One time I found a catfish jaw down there. As I recall the top bone was one piece and the bottom bone was two pieces joined at the center with cartilage. I could have fit a bowling ball through there. So anyway the channel here is where guys drift fish for Walleye. But being the river you never know what you might pull up. Life is good here, very good. But my dream is to sell and move to Maui.

We fished for walleye there and caught more than a few. That was 45 years ago. It probably wasn't your beach then. My dream is to live on a lake in north central Minnesota and have it be summer all of the time. I don't think I could survive the winters I lived through as a kid. Your dream is more realistic than mine. To last more than 17 hours in a campaign would be nice too.

We fished for walleye there and caught more than a few. That was 45 years ago. It probably wasn't your beach then. My dream is to live on a lake in north central Minnesota and have it be summer all of the time. I don't think I could survive the winters I lived through as a kid. Your dream is more realistic than mine. To last more than 17 hours in a campaign would be nice too.

Howdy RC et. al.

I'm around. Just haven't had a reason to post lately. Also, I've gotten distracted by some other projects. I have a hard time multiplexing.

Howdy RC et. al.

I'm around. Just haven't had a reason to post lately. Also, I've gotten distracted by some other projects. I have a hard time multiplexing.

Homeboy! That's well and good as long as you are well and good, huh? Aflac! Thanks for poking your head up and saying hi. Take care.