Sign in to follow this  
OHO

Some minor complaints

Hi all,

I have been flying around for some hours now and a few points I would like to mention and ask if they will be adressed - besides it's a wonderful Sim.

1. Sometimes I get ugly very white summer clouds without shades in it. I tried every cloud setting.

Esp in Summer there is a very blue sky and a very white horizon which looks pretty cartoonish. Or is there any tweak for that I didn't find.

The Skies in modded Il2 and Bob WoV2 are much better - As there are so talented modders here, can't this be addressed?

2. Airplane textures of the wings are often not very crisp.

3. Force Feedback for Albatros works very good - like in Original CFS3 - and strong. You can feel the force of the wind very good. But: Almost all other AC I tried have very sluggish Force-Feedback.

4. AI hits too good I think - but I'm learning how to avoid them.

Many good things, too much to mention, Track-IR works very good with th 6 o'clock view.

Hi OHO, welcome aboard, could you post a screen shot of the clouds in question so we can see the problem. May be it's a settings thing as i don't seem to have the same concern.

Don't know about the others i haven't got force feedback.

Hi

1. Pics? If you mean the horizon haze also causes the band sometimes in some weather. The band is not removable but pilots have reported seeing such band effects too so not totally unrealistic.

2. Turn up the aircraft skin resolution in workshop? Or perhaps choose other craft. Because we have 3200+ aircraft skins to swap in, we must only use 1 sheet for the main colours/wings/fuselage anything that could change colour or pattern basically. Otherwise we'd have to swap in 2 or 3 textures and cause more loading times, more DVDs etc etc.. Aircraft usually have several sheets, but the key parts must be on 1 swappable sheet basically.

Virtual cockpits and other none changing parts can use any number.

3. That's because we made German craft generally heavier on the controls, allied lighter, as reported by pilots.

4. Depends on who you fight against. Aces know exactly how and when to shoot, veterans less so, and novices worse of course. Also you can adjust range and accuracy in workshop!

Thanks for your quick answers.

I put up aircraft-resolution to 5 but still some skins are pretty blurred. Esp. in some german planes the downside of the upper wing - which is a part of the A/C I look at most of the time. I will look through the skins if I find some less blurred - could you recommend some for the Albatros?

Can I copy the Albatros Force-Feedback-Settings to the other Aircraft somehow easily? They just "feel" better, like in CFS3. Its's not only the controls that I can feel (they may be harder on the German planes ) but also the wind gust and shakes, that put some forces on the stick, which is very nicely done in CFS3.

Thanks for your quick answers.

I put up aircraft-resolution to 5 but still some skins are pretty blurred. Esp. in some german planes the downside of the upper wing - which is a part of the A/C I look at most of the time. I will look through the skins if I find some less blurred - could you recommend some for the Albatros?

Can I copy the Albatros Force-Feedback-Settings to the other Aircraft somehow easily? They just "feel" better, like in CFS3. Its's not only the controls that I can feel (they may be harder on the German planes ) but also the wind gust and shakes, that put some forces on the stick, which is very nicely done in CFS3.

regarding force feedback, I'm not sure--but the Albatros was legendarily "heavy" on the controls. many a British pilot was astonished that the Germans did so well with them. compared to most British aircraft the stick-forces on the Albatros would be much stronger-- you feel like you're doing a lot of work. although it must be said that the Bristol Fighter F2b was considered "very heavy" on the controls--there was even the joke that you could tell which fellow flew the Brisfit because of his over-developed arm muscles! blink.gif most Sopwith machines were famous for having very light and responsive controls. so naturally, if you've been flying the Albatros for a bit, the other machines might feel as though they're "non-existent" in the force feedback department.

Maybe some pics might help, but sounds like some video settings or something? Check Nvidia/Ati settings, texture settings, filtering etc?

You can't really edit the FM's without the campaign manager complaining, you could try editing the aircraft.cfg of the craft you fly, look for

Elevator_FF

Aileron_FF

backup your original files first in case you break something.

..One thing, put effects on 5 too, not sure it could affect it but maybe as it overlays damage sometimes.

Definitely sounds like video settings to me on that point, I have everything maxed and its looks great. The AI is not like anything in the other sims you mentioned and is superior in every aspect. The sim is HARD and you have to constantly be aware of your surroundings, as well as familarize yourself with craft you will fly. Good luck on the settings!

One really can't go "Larking" about now can they. Oho, most of us have spent a fair amount of time with our graphics card for this sim. Much of the result of that work is posted in the forum and the Homepage. I hope you have better results soon and don't expect perfection in all areas. Have some fun. Oh one more thing... are you all patched-up to the latest? The Superpatch improved my overall graphics. Just wondering as I did not seem to see it mentioned. Best wishes.

Thanks all for the hints.

I really don't see these grey underside in white puffy summer clouds that I see on the screenshot above. Where do I find the screenshots I made btw?

I patched everything up. The only thing I didn't try yet is the effects set to max - I only set that on 3. Will try that and the FF-setting ASAP.

The blurred textures on the wings are only for some Aces skins I chose (punishment for being blasphemic?) - the "normal" squad skins are o.k.

And for the fun:

I started to fly the SPAD which is a wonderful exercise for my backbone together with trackIR. To keep the enemy in sight I'm looking OVER the upper wing, thus stretching my back and releaving my intervertebral disc (I'm in a dangerous age).