Sign in to follow this  
Thog10

funding one hobby with another

So, the great news is that my wife and I are expecting a daughter in December. The slight side affect to that great news is that small amount of money in the family budget for flight sims is going to vanish.

So, I've decided to part with a few items from another hobby to fund this one. Once the sales are final, my plans are:

1. Buy SF2:I

2. Get a proper Combat Ace subscription

3. Save money SF2:Suez when it comes out

4. Save money for SF2:"Vaguely mentioned by TK as a possibility for 2009 (2010?)"

There may be a few bucks remaining. So, my question is "what else?" I have all of Thirdwire's games. I love the SF2 series. Back in the late 90's I loved Jane's USNF/ATF/FA - I had the Duosoft Toolkits and experimented with the wild idea that you could mod a sim. First Eagles is an interesting diversion. I've got a decent HOTAS setup. I have F4:AF, LOMAC-FC, and IL-2 FB through 46.

Is there anything else out there that would appeal to the die-hard Thirdwire fan? Neither OFF nor RoF have really struck my fancy yet, and I have a feeling that I will be too busy teaching my daughter to drive when Storm of War comes out. Thoughts?

You're fast! I expect a healthy kid (gender unknown on purpose) in march 2010!

Congrats!

I'm doing something similiar. I'm trying to sell off some of my unbuilt models to pay for a camera and lens upgrade.

-S

I'm doing something similiar. I'm trying to sell off some of my unbuilt models to pay for a camera and lens upgrade.

-S

yeah, what kind of kits you have for sale?