Sign in to follow this  
SortofRed

No german plans?

Hi. I'm relatively new to OFF. I am flying as British Fighter Pilot in in RFC 1 in May 1915 and have flown over 29 missions without seeing 1 german plane! I have turned on radar and labels, still nothing. Is this normal for this particular period of time? And i have had many missions well past on at the front too. I alos notice that I will return to base with my wingmen and then in the briefing afterwards informed that they died or were missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard Red. I did the same thing when I started and highly recommend flying for 56 squadron starting in April or May of 1917. You will fly the S.E.5 a very forgiving airplane IMO for a beginner, and will see tons of action. Give it a try and good luck!

Hi. I'm relatively new to OFF. I am flying as British Fighter Pilot in in RFC 1 in May 1915 and have flown over 29 missions without seeing 1 german plane! I have turned on radar and labels, still nothing. Is this normal for this particular period of time? And i have had many missions well past on at the front too. I alos notice that I will return to base with my wingmen and then in the briefing afterwards informed that they died or were missing. Any help would be appreciated.

the first German squadrons don't start getting really active until June of 1915. actually, now that I think of it... enlisting before June 1915 is probably ideal for those ambitious BE2c pilots! you'll have a few months to build up a great reputation for yourself before the Fokker apocalypse overtakes you! ;)