Sign in to follow this  
OHO

How can I edit the Aircraft config files

I've found the Aircraft config files and found the line with Force-Feedback Aileron and Elevator_FF etc. which I would like to change to the Albatros values (160 and -160 iirc).

I changed it in the SPADVII-QC config - Arcraft file (made a backup thank god of the original) with a standard (notepad I think) editor (I have WinXP).

When I start the game in a SPADVII in Quick Combat I get a message like "This Aircraft doesn't belong to the OFF Aircraft" and I can't continue. I then renamed the backup file to config again and SPADVII was flyable again.

How can I manipulate this file so that it's accepted by the game ? - or can someone perhaps change it and send it to my hoffmanns5@gmx.de adress?

There are several folders for the same Aircraft - which one is for QC and which is for Campaign?

Thanks.

I've found the Aircraft config files and found the line with Force-Feedback Aileron and Elevator_FF etc. which I would like to change to the Albatros values (160 and -160 iirc).

I changed it in the SPADVII-QC config - Arcraft file (made a backup thank god of the original) with a standard (notepad I think) editor (I have WinXP).

When I start the game in a SPADVII in Quick Combat I get a message like "This Aircraft doesn't belong to the OFF Aircraft" and I can't continue. I then renamed the backup file to config again and SPADVII was flyable again.

How can I manipulate this file so that it's accepted by the game ? - or can someone perhaps change it and send it to my hoffmanns5@gmx.de adress?

There are several folders for the same Aircraft - which one is for QC and which is for Campaign?

Thanks.

the planes prefixed qc1 are the planes your fly in quick combat....could be wrong, but i belive the only other plane that is flyable (ie,,has a cockpit when your in it) is the sqd planes...

if you look at the file(s) in the model folder for each of the different types (ac1, ac2, sq1, sq2 etc) you will see some have just one file (the plane) and others, like the qc1 plane also have the cockpit file.

as far as editing the config file, i have no idea.

OHO you could try going via CFS3QC, (from workshop), then when in the actual game eventually try choosing it. I did say it might break it...