Sign in to follow this  
itifonhom

Enlist Me!

Hi everybody,

at last today I got the OFF, installed it, patched it, started it and I just wondered!!! Why I didn´t got me this sime long long ago? I don´t know!! Everything´s just fantastic! Thanks guys, whoever made this is a genius!!!! Thanks a lot!

I configured Freetrack too but it´s still a bit shaky and I think I got to get used to it too. I use also pedals, actually part of a Logitech Driving wheel but the ingame rudder is reversed, no matter what I tried. Is there any way to reverse it to normal?

Thanks in advance for any help, Anastasios.

Welcome abord itifonhom, the fun has only just begun. Salute.gif

Iti, good for you. It really is someting isn't it. I'm happy to hear you are in the sky. You know where to get the info you need. Keep us informed of you OFF experience. Happy flying to you drinks.gif

Welcome to the madhouse, Itifonhom!

Got your PM and will put you on the map.

Ah, now I got it: E.T. phone home ! Right?

My experience to the moment is just awesome, only, coming from IL2 and FSX I'm a bit of confused by the underpowered aircrafts!! But it's still great and difficult! Full DiD of course. I just reconfigured Freetrack to work with one LED instead of four and it's quite smooth now. Only the problem with the rudder remains and it's all perfect!!

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the madhouse, Itifonhom!

Got your PM and will put you on the map.

Ah, now I got it: E.T. phone home ! Right?

Thanks Olham, kind of you. Yes, you got it right!!

itifonhom

Glad to see you are enjoying this fantastic sim! I too came from the world of WWII flight sims and had to make the adjustment to the craft of 1915-18. Sorry i have no sugestions with the rudder problem you are having. Hope that gets worked out for ya.

Welcome aboard!

Hiya, welcome! This sim is awsome. I was using my MoMo pedals as rudder pedals, just had to go into the Logitech configuration and put them on same axis (rather than individual axi, like gas pedal/brake pedal). Works really well, although I have to admit they are quite sensitive. drinks.gif

Hi, I don't mean to hijack the thread but I am very interested in the pedals you've mentioned as I am on a budget. I just saw a Logitech USB Driving wheel/pedal set at one of my thrift stores. Would you have any idea if this would work? I'm running Vista.

I got a Logitech Driving Force wheel with pedals. I used the pedals for IL2 and still use them for FSX successfully. I got them as combined at the Logitech calibration utility. In FSX I can reverse them but there's no such option in CFS3 or OFF. As far as I can understand, any USB wheel/pedals combo will do the job, got just to assign the axis to the rudder axis. The only drawback is, there are no integraded brakes this way but I don't care, I'm on a budget too (that's why I got Freetrack and not TrackIR).

itifonhom

The only drawback is, there are no integraded brakes

Not a problem in WW1...none of us have brakes :)

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

Sounds lilke your immersion is just about right. I waited a year b4 pedals, and two years before TIR :(

Cheers,

British_eh

PS See Uncleal Tips and Cheats for lots of good things

Thanks a lot all of you guys, very warm welcome indeed!!

Thanks for the tipp about the pedals Polovski, I'm gonna try it first thing tomorrow!

Hey Rickitycrate and 77Scout, tonight, while landing after my very first campaign mission, I was thinking my brakes aren't working anymore!! I'm afraid I'm too used at Airbus and Boeing autobrakes and autolandings!!!

British_eh. I was just lucky to have a system already working for FSX, so didn't really bought anything. Freetrack was just 20 euros expensive and that only because I failed the first time.

Nice to be here, itifonhom

itifonhom, there are no brakes indeed, so cut the fuel mixture or turn off the magnetos will stop the engine and allow you to stop (also pull back when on the ground and make the skid dig in more may help).

Welcome aboard E.T.! You can phone home later. Right now there are missions to be flown, so let's get to it!

CJ

Welcome aboard, Iti! Thanks for the drinnk drinks.gif .

Gentlemen, this new recruit has good breeding. Notice how he steps right up to buy a round for us, whereas so many kids today have to be prodded into it. I do believe Iti will go far in this war grin.gif

Hey guys,

please tell me, is it possible, even only theoretically, to bring just one pilot through the whole war? My very first campaign pilot started in '15, not too much action but I use the time to get my grips with sim and planes. Just wondering how much he can take!

itifonhom

Of course it is possible to survive the entire war flying full DiD standard, but it's going to be diabollically difficult. Given the perils of aerial combat, what with periods of having inferior machines or insufficient flight members, and on top of that, probablility of crashing on take-off or landing, wind shear effect on landing (don't know if that would greatly affect such light aircraft though), engine failure, shedding wings etc, mid-air collisions, and all with no parachutes!

Theoretically possible.

Even if you ran the risk of getting white feathers presented to you if you ran for home at the merest possibility of encountering an enemy, I'd think it's a VERY tall ask to survive the war.

I've never actually seen anyone here proclaiming they have survived the entire war EVER, though now I suppose given the fact that you can choose "pilot never dies" in campaign mode that it's likely we might hear that soon.

Good Luck ET

Forget about flying through the whole war, Iti.

You can still try that later, when you are very good with all this.

I haven't heard of anyone here, who made it for more than 6 months - and that's a lot!

Rather check the various times and aircraft; there is a huge difference between 1915 and 1918.

Very few real aces flew throughout the whole war - like Ernst Udet.

For the most of them, the bell tolled much earlier.

welcome and let the fun begin!! ;)

As I see u are fresh from the flight school.. its time to put all of it to the test.. Remember Beware of the Hun in the sun... (and dont fly to close to battles or you will give the Australian machine gun Corps something to break up their monotimy with.. hint hint)

See you over the trenches.. and most importantly HAVE FUN!! ooh yes and the first round is on you old boy ;) :drinks:

Blue781

Welcome to the virtual OFF skies, iti. You will be tested...oh yes, you will be tested. BHaH is a great sim, with a lot of great folks supporting it, so jump in with both feet and hang on. And be ready to have some fun.

And I'll have a black and tan with a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, thank you very much.

Cheers!

Lou

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback! I'm sure I'm gonna bite the dust when the first enemy gets at my six. After two missions at mid '15 never saw any enemy aircrafts (lucky). I'm not even good enough to get through the first dogfight, I don't even dream of making it through the war. In this perspective maybe even white feathers look good!! For the fatherland!!!

itifonhom

Early 1915, you may not meet enemies at all, Iti.

That's partly, because we don't have all the right fighters for that time, like a Morane Parasol,

or another early Fokker.

When you want to meet the first serious enemies, start August/September 1916 with a Halberstadt

or with the great Albatros DI.

Crush ze crumpetz - for ze fazzerland!