Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Air Parade @ Brasilia /09/07/2009

September 7, part of independence day comemorations....great record IMO.:good: Edited by Silverbolt

great video...

but you need to update your fleet grin.gif

Do not worry Nesher, brasil buy 36 Rafale.

With an option for another 30 more.

Besides having Mirage 2000BR.

and a fleet of F-5 with helmets DASH.

All modernized.

Not for nothing that belonged to the latter

Red Flag.

great video...

but you need to update your fleet grin.gif

no doubt!

@Marcos:

actually the plans are to replace all fleet with the Rafale, the F-5EMs, the AMXs and maybe navy's A-4s.

Nice Video!

For what institution stands Corpo de Bombeiros?

Nice Video!

For what institution stands Corpo de Bombeiros?

fire department

the fumaca sq was in my country at the star of the year great show, at the independece parade, that was when we made official the Super tucano deal

fire department

the fumaca sq was in my country at the star of the year great show, at the independece parade, that was when we made official the Super tucano deal

Thank you! :good:

fire department

cool,are you from republica domenicana?

THE one thing i dont understand is brazil is a peaceful country,then why are they purchasing so much weapons.

BTW,the parade was good.

and gisele bundchen is very very very good. :rofl:

Edited by satish

THE one thing i dont understand is brazil is a peaceful country,then why are they purchasing so much weapons.

BTW,the parade was good.

and gisele bundchen is very very very good. :rofl:

Because we can't fly F-5s for more 30 years, or AMX for more 40 years, our Oceanic Paltroll Ships Have about 30 years old and our subs are getting old like 20~30 years old....man till 1980's we were operating WW2 submarines :blink:

We also need dacent Main Battle Tank ASAP.

Man, it still Small IMO, those buys aren't enought for a country that have USA size....

Well, i'm happy at least the Navy start to talking about carriers...they have plans to Build 2 indigenous Carriers...

Another thing is this isn't the 1940s anymore, where on being attacked a country can gear up for war production or buy what they need in 6 months. These weapons systems take decades to develop and introduce into service even when funding is not an issue, and that's almost never true anymore.

All it takes is one of Brazil's neighbors getting crazy ideas into its head, perhaps due to a military coup, and it's looking at a very serious need to defend itself.

While the US is lucky enough to have only 2 other countries on land borders, neither of which has been an adversary in over 150 years (although we did fight in Cuba less than 50 yrs ago), few other countries share that luxury. Brazil needs to buy today what it will use in a future conflict in 2030 that we can't even conceive of today. Maybe it will be defending against an agressor in the west, maybe it will be part of a multinational force like WWII in a battle overseas, you just don't know.

It's a problem when the people distrust the military, of course.

Edited by JediMaster

well,your country is not the only one who uses vintage equipments,we still rely on SA-3's for air defence,and the most funny thing is that we are in the list of top 5 military spending nations.

army's MBT is T-72 ,which is a soviet era tank.

the IAF is mainly driven by the Mig-21's,27 etc..

navy has a/c carrier with no a/c.many of the warships are second-hand.

INDIA is considered in developing countries,but in reality we have no significant edge against our enemies.

It's a problem when the people distrust the military, of course.

and i'am not in that category.

South America.

In general low is giving weapons that have more than 30 years of service.

Thus also aims to save the lives of people who use these weapons worn and do not represent any technological advancement.

You buy what you will use in the next 30 years. That is what we are doing.

Do not expect a war to have advanced weapons.

Not that this crazy Brazil.

And its neighbors to fill your head with strange ideas.

Are simply refill weapons that are of the age of 60/70.

Marcos

Well the only country not to buy weapons in more than 30 years is Argentina.

We continue with the same weapons as the Malvinas.

Peace and Love :drinks:

Edited by suicidal

well,your country is not the only one who uses vintage equipments,we still rely on SA-3's for air defence,and the most funny thing is that we are in the list of top 5 military spending nations.

army's MBT is T-72 ,which is a soviet era tank.

the IAF is mainly driven by the Mig-21's,27 etc..

navy has a/c carrier with no a/c.many of the warships are second-hand.

INDIA is considered in developing countries,but in reality we have no significant edge against our enemies.

and i'am not in that category.

I understand mate....but the problem is those old equipments demmand more maintence and aditional costs, that we're not any way happy to pay for it...also for the others safety, its better to keep the fleet allways new, if its possible...6 years ago we couldn't but now we're doing because there is enought money to do it.

the problem is that our forcs are against indigenous eqipments,they are willing to buy a bikini instead of a akash sam .

cool,are you from republica domenicana?

yes Im from RD

Acording to a local paper we are getting part of our super tucanos in october