Sign in to follow this  
Abhi

UAE C-130 DETAINED

indian authorities on sep-8 detained a china bound UAE air force C-130 carrying arms.though they had permission to refuel the aircraft it was not stated by them that was the plane was carrying arms.

some media reports say that it was carrying a missile system of US origin which may or may not be true.the indian air force is mum and is not disclosing the details.

a few weeks back US officials discovered that pakistan is modifyng harpoon missile to strike indian soil.the report also stated that the p-3c orions were also modified.

in the past israel also sold china technoligies it got from the US secretly .

i think now its time for the obama admonistration to take action agains such backstabbers,and a thorough inquiry must be place into the matter.

If the UAE is selling US weapons to China that is a BIG deal.

Arm sales make me nervous, I think they always come back to bite you in the A.. I prefer the policy that the US used to have that is of selling second grade old weapons to allies and if they get into trouble we help, but selling your best weapons to countrys that are in the grey when it comes to theyr loyalty, I dont think is a good idea

Arm sales make me nervous, I think they always come back to bite you in the A.. I prefer the policy that the US used to have that is of selling second grade old weapons to allies and if they get into trouble we help, but selling your best weapons to countrys that are in the grey when it comes to theyr loyalty, I dont think is a good idea

we should sell all kinds of stuff.

with an extra "chip" installed.....

:spiteful:

:spiteful:

well, some people here blame that the AIM-9B in malvinas war came with backdoors.

well, some people here blame that the AIM-9B in malvinas war came with backdoors.

no. The problem with the AIM-9B is that it was the AIM-9B. It simply wasn't very good. Which is why we dumped that a long, long time before the Malvinas/Falkland war. That missile probably got a lot of our guys killed (being essentially unarmed in air to air combat) in the early days over Vietnam.

so far as backdoors go. I have no specific knowledge of anything we may or may not have done with sold equipment.

on the other hand, I do have some specific knowledge of systems sold to some of our adversaries at various times that was better than the same models sold to our allies (in the country of origin). More, I cannot say.........

welcome in a open world of business :rofl:

no. The problem with the AIM-9B is that it was the AIM-9B. It simply wasn't very good. Which is why we dumped that a long, long time before the Malvinas/Falkland war. That missile probably got a lot of our guys killed (being essentially unarmed in air to air combat) in the early days over Vietnam.

so far as backdoors go. I have no specific knowledge of anything we may or may not have done with sold equipment.

on the other hand, I do have some specific knowledge of systems sold to some of our adversaries at various times that was better than the same models sold to our allies (in the country of origin). More, I cannot say.........

this gives me back good memories from 3 years ago when i was in a tour for Brasilia's University Campus.

i know that! try to ague that with a stupid marxist college studant who hate United States and its way of life.LOL man.

anyway, US did aid UK more than a simply backdoor in a damn AIM-9B, but such a idiot wanted to keep focused in this bulls**t.

these people are a way out of our time but they keep with Marxist bulls**t ,that's because they didn't relly read Marx, neither do I've gave up finishing the first part of ''the capital'' but... i've laught when this same dude attempted to convince me that we can adopt Marx for every period of human kind, even classic Greece.

sorry for that, but it was a good time when i was choosing to figure what do for my whole life ehehe.

I've no idea why college students seem to largely be drawn to leftist idealogies, other than perhaps they themselves have nothing but ideas and feel like they shouldn't have to work hard for decades to have something, so why not have everything equal? That will save THEM a lot of time and effort!

On the flipside, you'll notice past middle-age most people tend to head to the right because they've spent decades to get what they have and they see no reason why it should be taken from them to be given to someone else!

spiteful.gif

jajajajaja, now thats an idea I like!

there are many secret deals in which US allies sold US equipment to other countries.

the israelis sold more than just some UAV's to china.

while US authorities think by enacting laws they will tame the culprits.

US DOD spends billions of dollars in weapons research ,and when the end product comes some countries just have to bribe some officials of the so called US allies and copy the weapons.

remember that russian missile tech was a gift given by the US ,well accidently (read article on aim-9 in wikipedia on how the russians reverse engineered aim-9)

there are many secret deals in which US allies sold US equipment to other countries.

the israelis sold more than just some UAV's to china.

while US authorities think by enacting laws they will tame the culprits.

US DOD spends billions of dollars in weapons research ,and when the end product comes some countries just have to bribe some officials of the so called US allies and copy the weapons.

remember that russian missile tech was a gift given by the US ,well accidently (read article on aim-9 in wikipedia on how the russians reverse engineered aim-9)

Well, this is not new, its called spying.

the AIM-9B was ''given'' after an taiwanese sabre shoot it in a MiG-15 from PLAAF, and the missile was so good that it stood grabbed in Fagot's tailpipe.

btw, AFAIK, Israel sold thechnology that israel is allowed to sell, if it had US components in any parts, Israel wouldn't be simple able to supply th custmer.

its like Brazil's Embraer AMX and ALX, its theorically national, but we couldn't simply sell it to venezuela, because it deppends of many US pieces.

israel sold what it was not authorised to sold.if it was not the case then why the US slammed it and initially not allowed israel in the jsf project.

Like What?

if you are in a state surrounded by enemies , would you sell your mosst kept secret to asomebody else, that perhaps is one of the biggest seller of your enemies?

that simply doesn't make sense in any how, IMO.

btw, Israel, US and UK are the only countries that have been already signed up for the JSF.

Edited by Silverbolt

n 2003, Israel signed a letter of agreement, worth almost $20 million, to formally join the system development and demonstration (SDD) effort for the F-35 as a "security cooperation participant" (SCP). The Israeli Air Force (IAF) stated in 2006 that the F-35 is a key part of IAF's recapitalization plans, and that Israel intends to buy over 100 F-35A fighters at an estimated cost of over $5 billion to replace their F-16s over time. Israel was reinstated as a partner in the development of the F-35 on 31 July 2006, after Israeli participation was put on hold following the Chinese arms deal crisis.

this shows that initially it was not allowed in the project.

n2003, Israel signed a letter of agreement, worth almost $20 million, toformally join the system development and demonstration (SDD) effort forthe F-35 as a "security cooperation participant" (SCP). The Israeli AirForce (IAF) stated in 2006 that the F-35 is a key part of IAF'srecapitalization plans, and that Israel intends to buy over 100 F-35Afighters at an estimated cost of over $5 billion to replace their F-16sover time. Israel was reinstated as a partner in the development of theF-35 on 31 July 2006, after Israeli participation was put on holdfollowing the Chinese arms deal crisis.

this shows that initially it was not allowed in the project.

Really?

What about this: http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/israel-plans-to-buy-over-100-f35s-02381/

that's a great overview and there is nothing that says it was putted on hol due to Chinese negotiations with Israel.

everything because JSF is delaying too much, the costs are getting higher than it was exposed in initial program, also US won't open the codes to any customer (wich i think isn't a problem for Israel)

jus the old legal BS.

and IMO, Israel Shouldn't sing up for F-35, Israel isn't the only country that isn't happy with F-35...you can put on List, Australia and Japan(wich is developing their own 5th gen fighter)

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFA+events/Around+the+world/Israel+and+China+mark+15+years+of+diplomatic+relations+24-Jan-2007.htm

Though the article is old; theres a rather potent declaration

'Therecognition of China's importance for Israeli industry and economy,combined with government support for Israeli business enterprises inChina have made China a primary objective of Israeli business activity.'

China uses the PL-8 missile which was a licensed version of the Israeli Python 3. This was in the '80's.

Today Israel is China's second largest arms supplier, after Russia.Enough said.

http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=34662&tx_ttnews[backPid]=7&cHash=738bf802ed

What goes around, comes around.:lol:

okay silverbolt,you win.

but what about lavi-j1o

okay silverbolt,you win.

but what about lavi-j1o

Well, Lavi is a Way smaller than J-10, as a matter of fact those were never said oficially were copies of Lavi.

Anyway,Lavi was Israeli Techology , the Americans disincouraged Israel to build their own plane in detriment of F-16 and F-15.

btw, in the time that they ''supposed sell'' the lavi Blueprints, Nortrop was about to do a modrnization in Chinese F-7s and MiG-21s, wich means, US never had a bad relation with China at the point to put an embargo over Weapons(did it happened anytime?)

well they were not friends but had a common enemy(USSR).

US companies were only allowed to upgrade the avionics,but US never sold any major weapon systems to them.

the tianmen square incident was just a excuse as the soviets were weak ,US no longer needed china.