Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

My Cat Marty

I have cat named Marty and soon he will be gone. I've had him for 19 years and four months. He is my friend and confidant and has stood with me when human friends turned away. In return I kept him safe and warm and fed. Once when a girlfriend said "me or the cat" I replied "Lock the door on the way out." Marty was pampered but never spoiled, okay, just a little. And we have always been together.

But right now his kidneys are failing, he has lost most of his hearing and is going down hill fast. So tomorrow we will make a drive to the vet so he can stop hurting. I never wanted a cat when he came into my life, now I don't want a cat to leave my life. But he and I talked and he let me know he was ready to go. Tonight I will put him in bed like always and hold him tight for the last time.

If there is a place for cats in the afterlife that's where I want to be for they are have a dignity far greater than their size. If you are fortunate to have a cat accept you, you have a far better friend than the ones on two legs and they know how to keep a secret. Everyone here that has a cat hold him a little tighter for me because Friday night my best friend will be gone.

BTW I don't have any pics of him, he never liked cameras and had too much pride to be posed.

Edited by firehawkordy

Damn, i don't know what to talk, but it surely is a terrible lost man.

i had two dogs, my mother gave both maybe she was trying to avoid me to get the feeling of the lost... but the fact is i don't want to have animals, anymore, specially when my family lost our dog , Mobutu(yep, zaire's king name), he was in the family for at least 12 years and my Aunt lost him when she took her Car and gone to a fair with it, but she didn't saw Mobutu in the car and he run out forever.

i hope you'll be fine afer los your cat.

Damn, what a bummer. Even after experiencing that type of loss a few times, I still cant find suitable words to say that will make the grief seem less.

Heres a picture of Kate, she found me about a year ago when she was barely 5 weeks old.post-31664-12526509521572_thumb.jpg

He's gone.

I didn't want to cry either. I miss him already.

That sucks FHO. You will meet again.

He's gone.

I didn't want to cry either. I miss him already.

He'll be waiting for you up there and he'll welcome you when it's your time. And the biggest honour for him would be if you get another cat, meaning that he did well...... And remember: he'll be with you for the rest of your life, when you think about him he's simply there !!

Good luck,

Derk

My cat Sientje died May 2006, 15 years old. Think about her every day. Now we have Sijtje, I hope she'll make 20 years or more..........

I grieve with you, my friend. I've been there 3 times already. The last of our original 4 cats, Prissy, is 16 or 17. She's outlived all the others, Savvik, Pixel and Patches. I don't know what or how I'm gonna handle it when it's her time.

We do have another, Tipsy who's only about 5 or 6, so she's got some time to go.

wrench

kevin stein

I am sorry to hear of this. I too have a cat. the previous one i had which was a stray and befriended because she kept coming back for food. since no tags, I took care of her and gave her a place to stay even though we not supposed to have pets in apt. She was hit by a car or animal 3 yrs ago and had to put her to sleep. i just took my current cat,Mach, to the vets this morning and he has bacteria in his mouth and I have to give antiobiotics. Also, he lost weight in the past year from 12 pds to 7 and hasn't been eating much lately. they did blood work on him and wont know what itis till tues. the vet said it is something to worry about because its half his body mass and could be a disease. So i am hoping he can be treated for this. he is only 7-8. So i feel for you. Just hang in there.

post-2035-1252799351101_thumb.jpg

post-2035-12527994065212_thumb.jpg

Edited by dsawan

Really sorry to hear about that, I know how attatched you can get to your pets, and when they go it's like they take a part of you with them.

S