Sign in to follow this  
vschoell

Windows 7

Hello Gents,

in Oktober i will buy a new system with Windows 7 (64bit). Does anyone know if OFF will run on Windows 7 (64bit) ? Anyone experienced with it ?

vschoell

I believe it works without any real problems :good:

no multiplayer in windows 7.....(sigh.......)

Has this been tried in the "XP MODE"?

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/08/04/windows-xp-mode-rc-now-available.aspx

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2009/04/24/secret-no-more-revealing-virtual-windows-xp-for-windows-7.aspx

If there is some sort of "com" issue, this seems to be the most promising way around it. That, or Win7 just has some wierd firewall settings that we need to discover. Hopefully things will settle down at my work to where I can actually look at the box I've built (Win7 RTP) and start to get a better feel for it.

almost hate to venture an answer, cause im not the one with win7. It was MadMatt who tried, and it had something to do with the xml files.

If he ever gets his fingers to grow back, im sure he will be able to tell you more about it, but it was something a tad past my comprehension...(as is most of the subject matter here....)